Just a little pep talk

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Sabby, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

I understand that if you want to help the others that have more important problems than me. I will totally understand that. Just I have no idea what to do.

So, I think one of my friends is trying to take my best friend away. Like, I've had enough problems with her. Last year... I wanted to seperate from my own school and get friends that were more like me-ish. But she keeps coming back. Last year was pretty good. I had my best friend with me always. Now... it's like she's taking her away from me. At lunch, I sit on the side while everyone else talks. This is like grade 4 all over again. My friends all ditched me and didn't talk to me, or even made eye contact to me. So I felt deserted, alone, unwanted, and just like a loser. I'm crying as I type this. So, I don't want this feeling to come back to me, because I hate it so much. People come up to me and ask me why am i sitting alone at lunch. I tell them I'm not, or if someone asks me why am I sad. I say nothing. Yesterday I spent an hour crying in my bed to sleep. OH, also... I have this phobia to people I am not really close to from touching me. People like to punch me, abuse me, hit me, smack me or even touch my hair. I'm only comfortable with my closest friends.

I hate this feeling of loneliness. Even I feel the same way when I am online here. Most of friends are off around talking to others. Sometimes when I talk to people, it's like talking to a wall. No response. If they have problems I try to help. Seems like people don't trust me. *Shrugs* when I talk... it seems like I'm invisible sometimes. Please make the feeling stop and go away. ​

2. Azure Flame Banned

Well, I'm not sure how to make the feelings go away, but I'll try my best to help in any way I can! Just let me know what to do. You'll always have a friend in me. ^_^

3. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Thanks.. but I don't even know what to ask for.

4. Azure Flame Banned

It's okay. Just let me know if you need anything, and I'll do my best to help.

5. Repliku Chaser

Loneliness hits us all and it sucks when it does. This girl may not be intentionally trying to hurt you but may be more outgoing than you are so you feel threatened by her. The thing I'd suggest you do is to face your fears and shyness and try to just keep being social. If perhaps your friends are doing something together after school, see if you can go along too. Try to talk at the table at lunch and don't be excluded. Maybe crack some jokes and if you have friends that are more like you, talk to them about your similar interests.

Basically, try to not focus on what this girl is doing and be yourself if you can. Act as though she's not trying to steal your friend away because you can't be sure that's exactly what is happening here and it may be just that you are insecure and have in the past been lonely and set to the side. Don't let it happen this time if you can by doing actions yourself.

As for a fear of people touching you, that can be totally understandable. The majority of people out there don't really like to be hit or pinched or get their hair pulled. We all sort of have our own space cushions where if someone violates them, we get annoyed. Some people just have wider ones out from them than others do. Some people love to hug and touch others etc. If people do hit you etc, what is the action you take? You may just want to try to laugh it off or tell them to cut it out if it bugs you a lot. Some people do need a reminder that they go too far and this is a habit that well, after school is highly frowned upon. People don't go hitting each other at the work place etc or they could get in trouble.

You are a nice person and it is sad that some people might not trust you etc. It could be that they misinterpret your shyness as being closed off and that you are not as reachable as others so they don't trust you. If you open yourself up a bit more in terms of being amiable and outgoing, this may stop. If you help others, usually those people at least may trust you. Also, if people don't trust you, sometimes it's because they are doing something that is probably wrong and they may think you would be very against it so they have to watch themselves around some people or risk getting exposed. You may actually want to watch out for those sorts. I hope you feel better soon and this loneliness feeling passes. We all get that feeling at times and it can bring anyone down. Sometimes we all just need reminded that we exist more than just to ourselves. You do so hang in there.

6. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Thank you. This is what I needed. <3

7. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

Quoted for epic awesomeness in truth.

8. Juicy Chaser

aww, Sabby those people in your school must be mad.. you're definatly on of the nicest people here and Im sure IRL you're the same. Im suprised you aren't completely surrounded by friends, to be honest.

Loneliness is horrible, I know. If you want to get your best friend back, you should see her out of school alone, go somewhere just the two of you and chat about things. Invite her somewhere, without the third party. If she refuses... and doesn't want to be best friends anymore.. well then you deserve someone better than her to label a good friend.

I've done the whole 'eating alone, talking to walls' thing, and it was horrible, I know. Have you considered actually moving schools? It might seem daunting, but maybe you need a fresh start <3

aww you really shouldn't be crying yourself to sleep *huggles* thats horrid. Don't you have anyone like a close family member you can talk to, even if it's just to beat away the loneliness? And you definatly need to tell someone about people who are pushing you around. It's unacceptable, 'specially if you feel so afraid of people touching you.

If you ever want to just talk, talk, talk for hours on end, or if you want advice, please PM me. You're a lovely person and of course this is important. Infact I would consider this a very important problem. I hope things get better for you *hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.