Is Satan actually evil?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Inasuma, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Some people might say that he is, mostly christians. Like he's the creator of Sin, hate, and all that.

I have taken some small study and information in Satanism, who have totally different thoughts. Satan is the ruler of hell, but also just a place as a guide for the sinners in the earth to go to hell. Would hell be so terrible if you worshipped Satan and respected him through Satanism? An often asked question, indeed. I personally don't believe in him as a "bad" being. In my eyes, like I said, he is just the ruler of the dead, much like Hades in Greek Mythology. And if you think of all the possibilities of what a stay in hell might be like, it can differenciate.

Thoughts on this? Do YOU think Lucifer is truly evil? Explain. (Keep it intel, members) ;)

//EDIT

We want DETAILED opinion, please, if you are going to state your belief, back it up. "I believe he is evil because I want to" isn't a choice.

~DW

2. *Sora* Gummi Ship Junkie

Satan is supposed to be the exact opposite of God. If God is good, Satan is evil.

3. Tallian Banned

Allright, one thing straight to start off with. I'm Christian and believe Lucifer is evil. But there is some logic behind why he is evil. Do you think hell is really a nice place to be? Do you think Satan is guanna give you special treatment if you worship him? Hades does rule the dead in Greek mythology, but he, himself, is evil. He tortures souls for eternity. Well, that was my two cents of reasoning. No one copy my paragraph and go against me; I'm not in the mood to debate today.:rolleyes:

4. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Satan is not evil. He just thinks he's better.

He revolted against god and tried to show he was better, but god got pissed and sent him down down down to where hell would be. The beings that go to hell are those who stry from the path of god.

So in my opinion, he's not evil, he just has a different veiw of things.

5. Big C Destiny Islands Resident

Yes, I do believe Satan is evil, being that I am a Christian.

But I don't believe Satan is the creator of sin or hate. I believe only God has the power to create. However, I do believe Satan introduced these evils to humanity in the garden of Eden and has been perpetuating them ever since.

And yes, I do believe that by definition Hell is an incredibly unpleasant place to be, to put it mildly. But your take on the issue is interesting.

6. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Explain please. I don't want "he's evil 'cause I'm christian" I want "he's evil because..." With some sort of proof and reasonable data showing me you KNOW he is evil. If not, then I find that response to be very childish...=\

I said keep it intel. lol

7. Tallian Banned

He's evil because he made hell and enjoys torturing people. He tried to take the thrown from God; you don't do that. He does have a different view.

8. Roxas OG

The real question is... is Satan real? Is God? Is heaven?

9. Inasuma "pumpkin"

That is hardly relavent. Belief or not, it's not welcome if you are going to mix in something logical.

*corrects first post*

10. *Sora* Gummi Ship Junkie

xD! Yeah, sorry, I didn't feel like thinking up something to reply with.. so I used what came up at the top of my head.

11. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Did you guys ever think maybe God was the one torturing those people? He could easily save them if he wanted. By sending Satan to hell and giving that place to him, he created a place for him to keep his followers. He tortures people because they don't beleive in god. He's trying to show that god is there and you will get punished for not beleiving in him. In that logic, God is evil, and Satan is simply the messenger.

In fact, in that logic Satan is trying to SAVE people.

12. Roxas OG

Cin's right. How is God nice if he drowned the world? How is he nice if he lets people suffer?

13. Xehsin Destiny Islands Resident

I really don't wanna offend anyone here. But i don;t believe in god, even if i am Hindu. I celebrate my holidays, but i really don't believe in god. There is no physical or scientific evidence that they exist. So i say no Satan isn't evil. Its just your perspective on him, others think the other way from what they have learned. So we can't say for real if he is evil or good.

14. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Roxas also has a point. Why would God drown the planet and kill all those people? To send them to hell where Satan can teach them that God is there and you damn well better listen to him.

15. *Sora* Gummi Ship Junkie

Xehsin, there are countless things that are as real as yourself, that have no scientific, or physical evidence to prove it. There's still no evidence to prove how we even exist, and how we started. I, myself, don't know if I believe in God or not. In some cases, I can understand how a higher power would have created mankind, but in others, I see it as a joke.

16. Inasuma "pumpkin"

That being said, nothing really adds up...

In the bible of Revalations, it says the "rapture" or "gathering of believer's" to come to heaven, will take place shortly after Satan takes his rule over earth. Cin, Your explaination fails to add up. If you are right, then Satan wouldn't waste his time to come to earth and take it over. Anyway, thus after we go, we rain in heaven for 7 years, and then after most, if not all, none believers are dead/tortured to death, we come down and God removes Satan from the face of existance. So like I said, Satan wouldn't waste his time if even A HUMAN could forsee this. So obviously you need to think about that point. The only thing I can agree with is that Satan will remain in hell and make believers out of the none believers.

17. Tallian Banned

God has mercy. He took the key from hell and opened heaven to humans. He is a kind God, but it's really your choice if you want to suffer or not; not His. He has the bible in front of you, but some people don't accept it and choose another path. Overall: He gives you the things to not suffer, but he leaves the decision to you.

18. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Actually, God never made the Bible. Humans made it. Bible lacks perfection, due to the fact that all humans are flawed in some way. And the Bible doesn't only tell religious sanctum, but also is a historical referance to the times of mesopotamia, in which the first human civilazation's were created.

---ONTOPIC---

I agree, Tallian, God does give a choice. And ultimately, determines if you go to heaven or not. But never excuses whether Lucifer is evil, or not.

19. cronoking Chaser

no one truly knows the true nature of God or Satan. the closest thing to a holy being that we have is jesus christ. other than that, we dont really know. We dont know whether hell is actually full of flames. the devil is supposed to be a rebelious angel so why does he neccesarily have to be evil? maybe God locked him in hell because the devil didnt agree that flooding the earth or sending down plagues was the right way to punish people. either way, i think that Satan isn't evil, just misunderstood. God just probably made him seem evil so that no one would agree with the devils ideas.

20. Tallian Banned

Allright. I'll go into more depth about this topic:

Satan, in my opinion, is evil. He will always be evil in my mind. Sin is evil and, therefor, Satan is evil. He accepts sin and wants everyone in the world to sin. Humans created sin by wicked deeds. I'm not saying non-Christians are the only sinners. We're all flawed and every sin is worth the same in God's eyes. Satan tried to rebell against God. That in my eyes is evil. God is the highest figure in the universe and Satan tried to over-throw him, thinking he was better. But God won and sent Satan down from heaven Satan, I think, was happy about this. He was his own ruler now and went around convincing sin was right and to do it all the time. He convinced Adam and Eve and look now, the earth is not perfect. God made it perfect, but Satan filled it with evil. People say Hades was just the ruler of the dead, but, in fact, he was evil in my view to. Satan will not give people who worship him special treatment. Once your in hell, you basically doomed to be tortured for eternity. Satan enjoys torturing souls that come to hell. If you worship God you gain favor with him; he loves you and treats you with kindness. The devil, however, will torture you even if you did in fact worship him. Even if you sin God still loves you. If you go to hell God still loves you. That's all I have to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.