Is it possible for Namine to wield a key blade?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by CloakedThunder, Aug 27, 2015.

1. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

I was wondering if it is actually possible, as so far in the series,it seems that those connected to another keyblade wielder in some way are able to wield one also, like with Roxas and Xion. However I'm not sure if this would be the same for Namine or not. Any ideas?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Naminé came from two Somebodies who could both wield the Keyblade, so I'd assume it's possible. Although, Xemnas is also the Nobody of a Keyblade wielder (or two), and he's never used his Keyblade. Initially we could have attributed this to his memory loss going back to the end of Birth by Sleep, but the opening of 3D sheds doubt on whether he ever really had amnesia the whole time or not.

3. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

In KH3D, didn't they say that they couldn't retain the memories they gained through time when they returned to their own timeline? As much as what I'm saying doesn't make sense, you'd still be able to sow seeds of an agenda into the timeline, and still not remember. It's possible that Xemnas knew, but only because Young Xehanort probably told him everything. In that perspective.... Xehanort told his 13 other halves to set things in their favor, so that later, when they had to return to their timeline, they wouldn't remember, but still act according to how they originally planned. Not only that seems to settle how Xemnas never knew how to wield a keyblade, but it would also explain how their plan will affect the future, in KH3

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Tale wasn't talking about time jump amnesia, but rather the amnesia Xehanort got at the end of BBS. In a scene near the beginning of DDD Braig questions if Xehanort ever lost his memory.

When Namine appears in the series Kairi had not yet learned to use a keyblade (though she had undergone the passing of power) so I doubt Namine would be able to pull it off. If she were to come back though, then she should be able to.

5. Elfdemon Merlin's Housekeeper

Nobodies of Keyblade wielders can wield their original self's Keyblade, because they still have that weird connection to their original heart. Namine is the Nobody of Kairi, who is a Keyblade wielder. Therefore, Namine should be able to wield Kairi's Keyblade, Destiny's Embrace, the same way Roxas was able to wield Sora's Keyblade, Kingdom Key.