358/2 Days Is 358 Days gameplay better than Re-Coded?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Daxa~, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Daxa~ #stalker

I found Days much easier to play,and the controls better aswell.
    But I liked Re-Codeds way of being able to add cheats and unlock things.
    And the weird way of leveling up on Days really annouyed me.
    Opinions?

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Hmm, they're very different. Re: Coded is basically the same as Birth by Sleep which I really liked, I enjoyed using commands as it made battling more interesting. Also the leveling up in Days was so incredibly slow, there seemed to be no easy way to gain levels except the long and painstakingly long way of redoing missions, which was tedious. I found it a lot simpler though, when you got to a certain point you had the limit move which was a nice touch but I prefer the wider variety in Re: Coded.

3. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

I hated the leveling up of days, and I wasn't crazy about the regular attacks and limited magic. I like Re:Coded and all of the cheats, I especially liked when you put your level up in an area where two home plate thingys were connected.

4. roxas2142 Merlin's Housekeeper

personly I think Days was a bit better. It had more of a storyline gameplay and re:coded was mostly a lot of repetitive mini games :/

5. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Not only that, but Days had that kind of "button smashing" thing going on.

I absolutely DESPISED the card system of Re: Chain, though.

So I would have to say....

Days. Definitely Days.

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I personally preferred Coded over Days. While I am used to going through menus, I like the battle system batter. In Coded, you are able to use more abilities and have a very unique fighting style. In Days, it was just straight up attacking with some magic. In Coded, it's not just attacking; you can use special attacks mixed with better control over magic. Plus, the battle style varied from world to world. It made the game much more inventive than Days for me.

7. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the controls were bad for Days, but overall in terms of gameplay - Re:Coded in my opinion was better. I felt that Days was dull and tedious during the last few days. Although I prefer the panel system in Days; it bored me.. compared to Re: Coded.

8. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

Days is the worst KH game. Controls are sloppy as hell. Battles were mostly boring because a large amount of enemies had no hitstun. A lot of attacks easily miss even though you are swinging your weapon all over the place. (But the leveling system was actually really neat. My only complaint about it is that it takes forever to use. I think I might have spent just as much time just fiddling around with menus as I've spent playing...)

Re:coded was actually pretty good. I can't decide if I like Re:coded's or BbS's better, I think they're pretty close, though Re:coded is a lot smoother than BbS.

9. Plums Wakanda Forever

Days:

Liked:

Story (Especially towards the end when things come full circle)

Disliked:
    Leveling System (IMO, post game leveling was a pain, not to mention that you ha to fulfill incredibly difficult challenges just to get to 100 >_> )
    Panels (Didn't allow for much freedom when customizing commands, and was really difficult to switch around to what you needed most)
    Limited Magic (Once you use up your casts, you can't use it again unless you Ether/Elixir)

Re:coded:

Liked:
    Battling Engine (Commands were comfortable to use, and the gameplay was as fun as KH2's was)
    Stat Matrix (It's actually moderately difficult to fill it up, but it's possible)

I actually don't think I disliked anything about Re:coded's gameplay. Except for possibly the camera, which was hard to actually grasp in the midst of battle as I sometimes found. >>

10. Llave Superless Moderator

I personally love the story of Days than Re:Coded. However, like many people stated, Days is very awkward in terms of levels and keyblades, but i like how the keyblades change the fighting style. I like how the BBS system is integrated in Re:Coded. The camera changing is very annoying though.

11. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i felt that Re:Coded had better controls. but it was still a worse game than 358/Days despite some of the fun mini-games.

12. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

358/2days has better game play and I find it annoying the way Coded has the controls being off as well. Camera was the biggest issue and I found the game boring.

13. RoxasJ26 Merlin's Housekeeper

I liked Days a lot better than Re: Coded, why, because its the only KH game where Roxas is the main charcater and it has multiplayer plus you can play all the organization members

14. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Both are fun. But in Days you don't need to worry about joining abilities, make new one, 100% of memory... The attacks are simple and basic in Days, in Re:Coded they are better and cooler, but still is somehow a little hard the Re:Coded style.

I like both though.

15. nickoboyzx Gummi Ship Junkie

i might not play re:coded
    but i see in the vid there it's look hard to see the map
    358 days it may hard to leveling up but try using cheat it not become that hard if using it
    talking about re:coded
    i think i might download it for a while to tested out

16. Silent Wings Destiny Islands Resident

Personally, I prefer RE: Coded's gameplay over that of Days. The missions are rather repetitive, the panel system is pretty limited, and the camera, oh boy the camera. It's worse than KH1's >.>

17. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

If both games came together in one it would be awesome! I fond that 358 days is more meaningful, it has more plot, on the other hand Re:codded is waaay more fun to play, obviously they pick the things that gone wrong in 358, and made them better , and also a lot of BBS input, even though I don't care as much for the story, I found myself going back to play Re:codde every now and then... I didn't ever play 358 after finished though.

18. A Zebra Chaser

Days' gameplay is a far cry from ANY KH game, least of all Coded.
    Days has some of the most offensively bad design choices in the entire franchise.
    The permanence of Combo Master, the way each keyblade gave you attacks that LOOKED cool, but were largely impractical. Enemies are way too powerful because they're built with multiplayer in mind... except you can't play the story with multiplayer.
    The magic system is the worst of it. Incredibly clunky, ridiculously limited, yet many enemies practically REQUIRE it.
    Most of the bosses are obnoxious, based more around drawing out the fight than actually being fun.
    The panel system was kinda cool though

19. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

They are both great. If you love combo attacks then coded is for you!

20. 61 No. B

The gameplay in Days isn't even comparable to Re:Coded.
    There's pretty much nothing to be said that hasn't already been said, but suffice it to say that the gameplay in Days is hands down the worst in the series.

That said, I still really enjoy playing Days, and perhaps even more than Re:Coded.

Regarding the designs in Days, most of them are awful, and I hate how they would reuse designs for multiple things, but over time I have warmed up to them, and some of them area actually really nice.
    (though still not nearly as good as some other games)