Internet Browser

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Mar 5, 2012.

?

Used Internet Browser

1. Internet Explorer

9.4%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

32.1%
  3. Google Chrome

52.8%
  4. Other. Please explain.

5.7%
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

What do you guys use as your Internet browser? Also, this isn't meant to be a spam thread, but if this belongs more in The Spam Zone, staff, feel free to move it there.

I use Mozilla Firefox, mostly because of the Adblock Plus add-on. Google Chrome has it, too, but when I was using Google Chrome, the Adblock Plus for Google Chrome was still in BETA, and when I first opened Google Chrome, the advertisements showed up, and they wouldn't disappear unless I refreshed the page or clicked somewhere.

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I prefer to use Google chrome. I feel that it's good to navigate, it has spell check installed, and it feels to be the best fit for me. The only time I end up using Internet Explorer is to send an e-mail out that has an attachment. For some reason, it's not working for Chrome, and I'm too lazy to want to figure out the reason why, nor do I really care why. As long as it works, I'm fine.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I use Mozilla mainly because it's just always been the one I've used and so I am used to it. Also, I find IE very bulky and slow and I have encountered many problems with it in the past with youtube videos not playing etc. I like the thought of having the google task bar at the top so it makes it easy to do a google search without having to open up google.

However, I like Chrome because when you automatically open a new tab it lists things like "Email", "google search", "youtube" etc. which are the things I would usually go on so that makes things a lot faster. I find the processing of it troublesome on my computer though, sometimes its faster than MF but normally it's a lot slower and just aggravating. I don't use many add ons on my browser, I did have a random one that made my tabs multi-coloured at one point which was just a nice touch, however I haven't really played around with them extensively.

4. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

I mainly use Firefox for a lot of stuff, but it tends to lag a lot on me for whatever reason, so I also use Google Chrome. Like videos on youtube tend to be faster on Chrome.
    Both browsers are great though, and both have add-ons I like a lot.

5. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Firefox because of adblockplus, greasemonkey, personas, firebug, etc. I don't care for chrome's layout and lack of support. The newer IE isn't too bad (in fact IE is getting a lot better) but I've gotten too used to Firefox at this point.

6. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

I had IE for a long time, everything was ok for me. Everyone I new kept telling me how awful it was, and how I should switch to something else. I switched to Firefox and suddenly my laptop starts misbehaving on a mass scale. Yeah, thanks.

I'm now using google chrome. It's ok, I guess.

7. nickoboyzx Gummi Ship Junkie

i use mozilla though

sometime i use opera if for online game or making cheat in facebook game

mozzila can't work any cheat in facebook
    only opera

as for chrome
    i didn't have that browser XD

8. The Fuk? Dead

I used Firefox for a while, but now I use Chrome, and there's no going back.

9. Trigger hewwo uwu

I use Chrome because it has been the fastest, most lightweight browser I've used thus far. I didn't care for it at first due to lack of Extensions, but now it's booming and has plenty. It also has a lot of small features that attract me to it that all the others don't have.

I don't know why, but Firefox has become like the new IE in my eyes. Whenever I try to use it, it's so slow and clunky.

10. Lite The Future

I use Chrome, and I don't ever plan on using anything else for a long time. Chrome just moves faster than FireFox and IE, I just love using it.

Sad thing is I'm typing this on Firefox. :lolface:

11. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

I actually use Safari for everything other than watching netflix(Firefox). Used to use IE, but it had a major meltdown so I switched to Safari for whatever reason, I think there was a link to it with my first iPod. It's never had any big problems and works like a breeze so I've never bothered switching to anything else.

12. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

I prefer Google Chrome. It's easy for me to use and less complicated. I also like that I can use the web search bar as a Google search too. It may not have as much information but I like the look of it.
    The only real issue I have with using Chrome is that some websites I am unable to use on it. So in those cases, I like to use Firefox.

13. Daxa~ #stalker

I use FF,simply because I am much too lazy to change.
    And it's always worked well for me...and I am ever so used to it now.

14. Llave Superless Moderator

Ah shucks, I accidentally voted for IE when I meant Other...

I use Safari, since I am one of those people. Y'know, the "Oh you're a Mac uuuuuuuserr~" But I really like Safari, it works nicely for everything. I do use Firefox from time to time as well, but mostly when something won't work on Safari.

15. Chevalier Crystal Princess

_Moved

to technology

16. Misty gimme kiss

I use Firefox mainly. I have all the major browsers installed for KHV/testing purposes, and I tried moving to Chrome once, but I just keep returning to Firefox. It's certainly not the most lightweight browser (though it has improved quite a bit) and I find the UI a bit clunky, thankfully it's extremely customizable--I have it set to look like Chrome, actually. I couldn't do without my add-ons though. Greasemonkey, Firebug, FireFTP, Adblock, Lazarus, ColorZilla, abcTajpu, DownloadHelper, Leechblock etc... all are pretty much essential for me.

IE has improved quite a bit with IE9, and I'm sure IE10 will be even better, but it's still not a "power user" browser. Nor does it really advertise to be, I suppose. I do quite like the UI of IE9 though!

17. Hayabusa Venomous

Firefox. Use Greasemonkey, Adblock Plus, DownloadHelper, Roomy Bookmarks, Tab Mix Plus, Tab Wheel Scroll, and use the NASA Night Launch theme. Sexy browser with lots of powerful add-ons, even if it does eat up memory.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Project Palemoon. It's Firefox-based, but I prefer it over Firefox. My add-ons are: Ad-Block Plus for obvious purposes, Downloadhelper to steal music from youtube, Personas so my superheroes are always at the top<3 (and favorite Pokemon), ColorfulTabs to add a bit of color, Foxytunes which lets me control music players without leaving my browser, LeechBlock to block sites like this while I'm studying, New Tab King because I hate the blank new tab, Pale Moon Status Bar, PlacesCleaner, and, of course, Stumble Upon.

I have it minimized so there's only the navigation bar, tabs, bookmarks, and status bar (to me, the bare minimum). But I know the shortcuts to quickly bring out StumbleUpon or get rid of the Navigation/Bookmarks/Status bar when I need more room (though I usually just make it full screen).

19. Krown King's Apprentice

I use Google Chrome. The reasons why I use it are the same reasons as Tummer.
    GC just seems more convenient and faster.

20. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I use Google Chrome, it's light and isn't so confusing. Or at least I had some sort of difficulty using other browsers.

A friend of mine told me about it, so I installed it and started to use; it has a good design and I think it has a lot of good resources.