Interest Check: KH-V Chorus Offshoot

Discussion in 'Project Casting' started by Ars Nova, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I think this is the place for this... If not, please move it.

Hey fellas. I'm thinking of running a KH-V Chorus parallel to Jayn's. Sometimes these things get a little crowded, and it might be nice to have a partner thread for people to try when there's a big backlog of songs to vote for and other such. I also know that there are people on the forum with eccentric tastes, and sheer numbers often prevent them from getting to truly express themselves with the songs they enjoy most, so this is partially an attempt to cater to that crowd. G_S has expressed interest in doing video editing and I can probably organize the rest, so between us we should be good to go, but if you'd like to help us in any way, feel free to speak up.

Our Chorus would operate pretty much the same as Jayn's: People suggest songs, several go up for vote at once, and the winner gets sung. I'm considering one major change to this one: Every now and then, we may host a smaller project organized privately by a handful of members. This idea sprung from I and several KH-V-goers wanting to sing the "Matryoshka" song you may or may not have seen floating around the internet; we figure not a whole lot of people would be interested, since it's kind of obscure and hard to sing, so it wouldn't make it in the polls. But this is NOT going to be a VIP service for friends only, or anything like that. We're extending our services to anyone interested: If you want help putting together a smaller chorus project, you come to us and we'll help you get it set up. It would basically be us offering video and audio editing services for those who want to put on a smaller show of their own. You and some of your buddies wanna sing Drunken Blitzkrieg Bop? Hit us up. Wanna put on a duet from Repo! The Genetic Opera? Hit us up. Wanna have a rap battle with another forumer? Hit us the hell up.

Now, two things if this happens. First: I have some rules already written up, and more may follow.
    - You may only participate in ONE KH-V CHORUS SONG AT A TIME. One of the big points of this is to drain some of the fuss and crowd away from the main thread and make Jayn's job a little easier, so if we have the same group of people fighting tooth and nail for spots in both Choruses, the same people will still get left out.
    - You may not suggest a song that has already been suggested in the other thread UNLESS it went up for voting and was not selected. In short, no repeat performances. I don't intend to try and outdo Jayn's previous songs or anything of that nature. That's not what this is for. If you want to sing a song, you've still got to get your foot in the door the first time around; this is not your second chance.

Second, and I cannot stress this enough: If this does get off the ground, I don't want to see anyone in my thread complaining that I should do things more like Jayn, and I DEFINITELY don't wanna see you criticizing her in the same fashion for something I'm doing that she's not. If you have an honest suggestion on ways we could improve our Choruses, then that's different, but the second people get nasty, this sh&% shuts down, zero tolerance. This is a partnership, not a battle. And yes, this will be included in the rules, but I'm listing it separately here because it's a big concern and I want everyone to know where we stand on the matter. We're all in this together.

Anyway, if it sounds like something you'd be interested in, please let me know! I'll begin setting it up soon if it generates enough buzz.

2. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I'm interested :D

I love singing and I think this is a good idea.

3. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Eh, it depends on what songs are used in each choir, but I'm interested!

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Well, members will still be able to suggest any song they please for the main cycle, of course. Think of this as a back-up. Hopefully we won't run into too many situations where a ton of people want to sing both of the songs up for casting...

5. P Banned

I'm over the singing thing for now, but if I were to get involved again, I'd like this.

As a question, would you be singing Matryoshka in English or Japanese? I know Jayn translated and sung it herself a while ago.

6. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Ooh, I like this idea. I'm all for it.

7. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Might think about it. Seems to be an interesting premise.

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Ffffff- Did she? I had no idea. Well I think we'd be singing it in the original Japanese. And I'd like to do the Zebra & Hashiyan version, but I haven't run that by the rest yet.

9. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Expressing my interest as well - it shall place the burden off of the limited amount of lines in the first chorus and distribute things more evenly. People may also hold a further and more diverse choice of songs. Matryoshka is a wonderful start.

10. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

If we do end up doing this song, Sforz and I were planning on changing some of the lyrics so they reference KHV instead of Nico Nico.

11. Always Dance Chaser

Interested, it'd be nice to have less people flooding Jayn

12. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Well, I got some response. I figure more people are interested than are posting, at least.

I'm bad at estimates so I won't make promises of when this will be up. But I'm probably gonna start getting things ready around the 14th. I don't imagine it'll take me terribly long to have a thread up, it's just a matter of finding time between coursework. Stay tuned, kids.

13. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

This is a thing I would most definitely be interested in :). Would the choruses be run in paralell in order to allow people to choose which song they wish to be a part of, if say they wish to do Jayn's one week and this one another week?

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

That's the plan, though I may keep a slightly different schedule. Which I think would work out better anyway, since I don't want people constantly having to choose between two songs they really like.

15. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I'd love to join this, and I know you'll tell me about the songs, Nova.
    Let me know if you need me~