Intellectual Nasuverse

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Labrys, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Labrys King's Apprentice

"To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fate/Stay Night. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of metaphorical writing most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Shirou’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Japanese societal expectations, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fate/Stay Night truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Shirou’s existential catchphrase “It can’t be helped,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Kabuo Miyamoto’s Snow Falling on Cedars. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Nasu Kinoko’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, i DO have a Fate/Stay Night tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid "

2. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper