Inkdeath

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Luna Lovegood, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Okay, so I'm only on the 13th chapter, I think. But it's really good, as expected. 8D It takes some remembering though, I haven't read Inkspell in so long.
    Anyone have it/is reading it?

2. MissInvisible Merlin's Housekeeper

I plan on reading it. I hope it's as good as they say XD Are you going to watch the movie of the first book?

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I read it, but it kinda bored me. The first one was the best. After I got to the middle, I just skipped to the end. I know, I'm a cheater, but I was soooo bored.

4. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I was gonna. I was so close to, but for some reason my friend somehow persuaded me to see Bride Wars instead. o.O
    And now I'm broke.
    SOOOOOO....... I'll probably have to wait to rent it. I don't expect the movie to be great, though. The only good thing I see about it is Paul Bettany playing Dustfinger.

I don't find it boring at all (yet). I'm on the 27th chapter. It's so effin sad. :cryinganime:

5. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

everyone go see Inkheart its SOOOOO cute!!

6. Tana_Panda Traverse Town Homebody

I had never heard of inkheart and then me and my girlfriend went to see a movie without knowing what was playing and it was there so we watched it... Its was really cute and i would definatly reccomend it but i say go with someone you like not alone or that would be weird.

7. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

oooh, I have it, it's really good. You won't be dissappointed 8D

8. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Inkheart quickly made my list of favorite books of all time. I love the story, the writing, the characters, everything. Kudos to Cornelia Funke! However, the second and third books really didn't deliver. I don't think she did a good job with the inkworld, and I practically spent the whole time I was reading yelling at the characters. It's as if Funke just rewrote their entire characteristics to create pointless drama, regardless of anything they'd ever said or done before that point. Also, the plot for the second and third books were predictable, to say the least. And I really didn't like how in the end of Inkdeath,
    Resa and her unnamed son turn into birds at night. !?! I don't understand why Funke had to stick that in there.
    All in all, if you like fantasy and adventure, read Inkheart. But I don't recommend the second two books. I think that the first story ends quite well on its own.