Kingdom Hearts If Kingdom Hearts 1 was for PSOne

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Shikou, May 19, 2012.

1. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I've wondered what Kingdom Hearts would be like if it was for the PSOne. There is a 50/50 chance of no voice acting. I kinda would like to know what you guys think what they would have done or what would've been taken out (besides PS2 graphics). I know it's a scary thought for some but it cant be that bad. I would've loved to play a PSOne version if it existed. PSOne games were still being released at the time so why not?
    I do think Atlantica might be taken out because I dont think swimming around and fighting heartless would be possible at the time but a Spyro game had proved that wrong in some way so it could have stayed.

2. kingdomheartsgeek Traverse Town Homebody

Indeed i say,

Thats because the ps2 has some hardware improvements. I think that Kingdom Hearts isnt even playable on the PSX (psONE) i say

3. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Pretty sure there wouldn't have been voices. Final Fantasy 10 was the first voice acted game I do believe and that came out on the ps2. I think alantica would have been taken out for sure. And I think the fighting would be turned based. Graphics would definitely not be the greatest like they would be on a ps2.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm thinking the graphics of it if it were on the PS1 would probably be somewhere around the final fantasy VIII or IX. Or maybe around Legend of Dragoon if they didn't try that hard, but I'm not sure. The voice acting I don't really think there would be any. Honestly, the only game, out of the many I've played on the PS1, with voice acting is Legend of Dragoon, and even that has only 7 or so scenes out of maybe the 20 or so scenes in the whole game that have voices, and even still only 2 of them have talking that's worth it, and that's the very first scene, and the ending scene

5. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

I think the whole gameplay idea for KH would have changed. I would have enjoyed a turn based fighting style game like Final Fantasy though it would be interesting to see the special attacks and abilities they would have given each character.

6. Patman Bof

Days and Coded should give you an idea how it would look like, a DS isn' t as powerful as a PS1.
    Brave Fencer Musashi was a PS1 3D A-RPG and it had voices.

[video=youtube;uSTgdLEJ3Z0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSTgdLEJ3Z0&feature=related[/video]

7. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I think the graphics for it would be similar to FFIX, The game would be turn-based instead of an Action RPG, Atlantica would definitely be removed and there wouldn't be any voice acting at all.

8. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

What would be taken out:
    Voice acting and replaced with text bubbles or ff style speech boxes
    Atlantica Swimming. I can see that being more trouble to do on the PS1. They'd probably improvise with giving you increased jumping height underwater as you walk.
    Customization of how party members act.

What would be changed/improvised:
    Some bits of the story might get changed (nothing to affect the overall plot though)

What would be downgraded:
    The amount of items and weapons slightly
    Gummi ships. I can't think of how it could be downgraded except having less objects though.