How would you describe your pets?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by xxxLatiasxxx, Jul 14, 2014.

1. xxxLatiasxxx Destiny Islands Resident

I would describe my cat Taffy as a monkey. I mean by the way she used to act she would put her front paws around the chairs of the dinning room table and bat her paws against them going around in a circle as if the legs were toys? And when she did this I would ask her "Do we need to give you a Banana?" it was funny.

2. Patman Bof

My parents' cat is Spidercat. All the walls of their house have been err ... I have no idea what the English word for it is. They' ve been plastered with a mix of paint and sand to make their surface completely irregular. Their cat will often jump on a wall, hang there in a Spidey pose, and suddenly jump away.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

My girlfriend's and my cats: Bandita is a talkative cuddler. She's very vocal. She makes a noise for everything from jumping off a chair to simply getting your attention. If you look at her, make eye contact, and speak, she meows back. She's also the friendly one. She loves being petted and lets you know when she wants it. She's always trying to get your attention for some love. She's also the obvious troublemaker. She jumps on the kitchen counter and quickly jumps off when she gets noticed. She steals food off your plate and is usually the one chasing her sister, Persia, around when they're playing. She's very...sulkish. They have this little tower thing hanging from a door with four levels for them to play or rest in. Both cats prefer the higher two levels, but Bandita sulks and gets visually saddened if Persia beats her to the second highest level (her favorite spot).

Persia is the quiet one, unless she's in heat (getting her fixed tomorrow, hopefully). She almost never meows. She's independent and prefers to be left alone, though she'll cuddle with us if we lie down first. She literally will not stay for more than two seconds if we pick her up and lay her with us, but if I'm lying down and dozing off, I'll wake up with her next to me purring. She's the 'queen' of the house; she will beg and fight for 'people food' and thinks the whole place is hers, quickly sneaking into rooms that she's not allowed in and hiding under the bed until we leave her alone. We also noticed that she's a sneaky troublemaker. Whereas Bandita openly does things she knows better than, Persia does it secretly. There have been several times where we find out that one of the cats has gotten into something they're not supposed to and we've discovered Persia has learned to do things when we're not around and then letting Bandita -who we always thought was the biggest troublemaker- take the blame.

My girlfriend's sister's dog who's also there is hilarious. His name is Baxter. He's smaller than the cats, but protective of everyone. A good example is when my girlfriend and I were horsing around, she started yelling "Ow!" to mess with me and Baxter came running, barking at me. Same thing with the cats; if they're being played with and he sees it as "too rough," he barks at the human. Unfortunately, he's so little that the cats take advantage of him lol. They'll steal his food and toys and won't play with him when he wants to play, but attack him when he's not paying attention. He's also very sweet. He immediately hops on you and cuddles and doesn't seem to like being alone. When his owners leave (the aforementioned sister and his boyfriend), he wails at the door because he gets lonely. The cutest thing has to be that if you look at him and raise your voice saying "Baxter! What did you do?" He drops his tail and sulks to the bedroom and lies down in shame.

My roommates have two kittens: Zoey and Jinxy (unrelated). Zoey is my little buddy. She sleeps on me while I sleep and loves resting on my stuff (just today I found her behind one of my drawers). She's more aggressive than Jinxy when it comes to playing and knows how to whine to get attention. If her owner is gone and I'm alone, she meows a lot (my guess is she misses her owner). For some reason, she hates her owner's laugh and attacks her face when she laughs lol. She's a climber. She constantly tries to get higher, even climbing unpacked boxes of my stuff; we're working on building her some kind of fort (she had one when she was younger, but outgrew it). For some reason, whenever I shower, she loves the smell of me. She'll constantly rub up on my skin and nibble at it, but won't do it for anyone else.

Jinxy on the other hand is the most ungraceful cat I have ever seen. We noticed her whiskers aren't perfectly balanced and think that's why, but she falls a lot. She rarely ever meows and is very submissive, letting people pick her up and play with her without fighting. When she was smaller, she'd always be the one who would start playfights with Zoey, but would whine because Zoey would always win; we'd separate them, thinking that Jinxy was hurt, and she'd just attack Zoey again. Now, she holds her own (unless it's on the windowsill, in which case she usually falls off). She's a troublemaker, too. She loves to knock things off tables and has knocked open one of my boxes before.

4. Patman Bof

My parents' cat is a bit like that too. She doesn' t always want to be petted though, only at specific times (and places, pet anything but her head and backside and you' re in for a nasty surprise). It has to be on her own terms. And god does she talk ! You don' t even have to make eye contact or address her to begin with. "What the **** were you doing ? Does it look like I love being stranded in the garden for the whole day ? In winter ? NO I DON' T !!!"