How Pathetic Are American People When It Comes to Celebrities? VERY...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Advent, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

2. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

It's a shame. When you become a celebrity, NOTHING you do from then on is kept secret. If you do something, EVERYONE in the country will know.

3. KnightReaper Traverse Town Homebody

Are you honestly that stupid to think that EVERYONE listens to celebrity gossip? Wow, if you do then there is little hope for you in the real world.

I didn't even watch the video because honestly, I could care less about what any celebrity does. Ya know what, they put themselves up for public torture when they become a celebrity. If you don't want any drama with the press, then just leave town or the country and start it somewhere else. But, the Americans are the ones that make them commit suicide and other lethal acts. What the Americans need to do is just go on with their lives without caring about what a famous person is doing. It's damn well disgusting.

4. TheMuffinMan Banned

Shouldn't the title be "How pathetic are celebrity tabloids?", this has nothing to do with the American people, it has to do with gossip magazines.

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

celebrities are attention whores most of the time, i dont' pay much attention to them. those paparazzis shouldn't be stalking these people giving them no privacy whatsoever. i seriously doubt ppl will care about half the things they do anyways

6. KnightReaper Traverse Town Homebody

That's the thing though. People do actually care if Hugh Hefner blew his nose in a Downy-cleaned blanket. These Americans don't know any self control and to know when to know when to not give a damn. I admit that European, Brazilian, African, Australian, and Asian countries also have this problem, but not as bad as our neighbors the US.

7. EvilMan_89 Code Master

well i don't know about that, i doubt neither of us know if it's that bad in other countries seeing as we probably haven't lived in more than one or 2 countires in our lives

8. KnightReaper Traverse Town Homebody

I was born in Munich. I then lived in Sydney, Australia in the early 1990 until 1996, I was only four at the time so I don't know if that'd count. But I've lived in Munich, Germany for around twelve years.

9. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

You're a disgusting human being if that's how you really feel. Please never post here again if you're going to flaunt such biggotry and push such a terrible opinion on others when you clearly have no idea what it is you're talking about.

It is rather sad, America is practically run by the media, because that's where we obtain all information on current events, the media's opinion on something can sway all of America's opinion on that same issue, likewise, if all the media shows is pictures of Britney Spears with a gameboy in her mouth, that's basically all we'll talk about because that's all we're offered. There are people out there who realize this, in fact it's common knowledge in America that this is perhaps the dumbest population of any country on Earth, which is rather redundent, because every American knows this, so wouldn't that make us knowledgable about our own ignorance? Either way, it's easy to get caught in the flow of the media, because it's constantly showing amazing people who are portrayed as gods in a box, untilt he media decides to turn on them and make them otu to be idiots who worship Satan and sniff markers. The media does not portray them as normal people, and because of this portayel, it's natural for you to think that they are above us normal human beings.

It all starts with the media, which can be blamed, be we Americans are at just as much a blame for knowing full well how bad off we are and not properly educating ourselves. If any one of you really want to see a positive change, then either the Media needs to lose it's bias, or we just need to start ignoring it, which is far easier said then done.

In the end, the people who are going to excel and become educated are going to probably be naturally smarter, and will ignore the media's influence right off the bat. America's population is large enough so that there's bound to be some intelligent ones in this herd of sheep, and those will be the ones who really count. The rest are going to act like this, because we have that freedom and we have that right. I personally feel that you all need to drop the negative attitude and learn that there's always hope for something better.

10. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Very well said. I completely agree.

11. The Great Gatz Chaser

this is sooo dumb. I just hate celebrities. I know some people that are obsessed though. It almost makes me want to vomit my lungs through my eye sockets.

12. Repliku Chaser

I do think some celebs of course do what they can to get attention at first, sure. They 'need' to sell themselves to the public eye to become famous in the first place. There has to be something about them people will like and be drawn to. But later on, they find that even though they are 'known' no one really knows them still as well as their best friends will and being hounded by the media can become a stress. Paparazzi are really annoying and can cause some serious problems because they do impede on the life of people who may just want to go eat or shop or walk their dogs or whatever. These people do get no private life once they get to a certain position of 'fame'. Some may eat it up for a while, but after a time it will grow sour because these paparazzi are in their business waiting for any foul up that regular folks would not even notice or care about regularly.

Where one person might do something like drink too much and barf in a car or on a street corner, a few people might notice and go 'that's sick' or something. However, we aren't going to care that much and move on about our business. If it's someone famous though, we have to all hear about it and it's so bad and wrong. The reason paparazzi exist in strength though is because media pays for pictures and film of the stars so they can keep funding these activities and stories happen. The media does it because people seem to want to know what the celebs are doing. It's a vicious cycle.

I agree with Cin's post that the media twists things and shows us what it assumes we want to see but sadly I also have to say there are a fair number of people that do care and want to know this stupid stuff such as Britney Spears with a Gameboy in her mouth. These people also tend to be the dumber people of any society, not just the U.S. There are also a fair share of us that could give a crap less and have better things to do with our time than ogle over stupid news that doesn't make a difference to our conditions of life. I would treat Britney Spears with a Gameboy in her mouth about the same as I would a friend and ask her 'what are you doing?' and probably laugh. She's just another person, whether she has a ton of money or not.

The media though makes stars and then seems to want to destroy them too once a certain level of fame is bestowed upon them. Some of the stars can just laugh things off as they are more able to settle with the lifeway they have chosen but others did not realize the impact of it all and become stressed out and fall apart. I really do think more laws need enacted against paparazzi but unfortunately it doesn't seem that's going to happen because the media pays big for these stories and some morons eat it all up and paying for it keeps it in business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.