Kingdom Hearts III How Do You Propose Final Fantasy Worlds Work in KH3?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by A Zebra, Apr 22, 2014.

1. A Zebra Chaser

It's a pretty common wish to have some sort of Final Fantasy world in the next KH.
    But how would it work? What would you want? If we assume the world works like a Disney world, it'd be a recreation of the FF game, in abridged form. Because of this, all of the PS1 FFs (And FFX/X-2) are already off limits, they're all from Radiant Garden.
    How would you want it to work? Adapt FF6? FF12? ...13?
    Personally I feel trepidation about adapting an FF story. Looking at Dissidia... a lot can go wrong

2. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I feel like the best game to adapt for Kingdom Hearts would be the very first one. Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Mickey would make perfect stand-ins for the Fighter, Black Mage, White Mage, and Thief. The plot would have to be reworked, but I feel like it could be made to fit Kingdom Hearts pretty well. Garland would certainly make a great KH villain.

But Dissidia was great.

3. A Zebra Chaser

Terra

4. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I would like to see Final Fantasy IV....references. I don't think FFIV would work as a WORLD, but as using the characters or some kind of reference to it would be nice for the upcoming KH3.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

They wouldn't. The stories are so massive that there'd be no way to section off a chunk of that and make it its own KH world without upsetting the people who wanted to see some other area or part of the game. Plus yeah it would conflict with a lot of the established canon thus far.

Was great.

6. A Zebra Chaser

In Dissidia? Are you crazy?

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Are you? She was one of the better heroes. She interacted meaningfully with O. Knight and Vaan in 012, her arc was actually pretty moving, and the fight scene with Kefka at the end was nuts. 'Course Kefka did most of the work, but then she turned around and whupped his ass. Also she was one of the funner characters to play but that's a bit besides the point.

8. A Zebra Chaser

Terra was kinda broken with her Tornado spam, but in terms of characterization she was utterly destroyed in Dissidia. Every character in Dissidia is exaggerated, besides the NES ones which had nothing to exaggerate. But they picked a bunch of the weakest traits for her. While she was wracked with doubt in FF6, she's utterly helpless in Dissidia. She was taken to some extreme level of timidness. This was so notable that is spawned this parody
    This becomes even more notable because Terra is the only woman on Cosmos' side until we get Lightning and Tifa from the previous cycle, it makes it all the more jarring when she is the only one plagued by inaction and doubt throughout nearly every scene she's in. I don't remember a moment where Terra was so scared that shejust sort of sat around and did nothing and let other people fight for her, do you?
    The moments you mention are strong because of the other characters. She's foil to them. Kefka unleashed a tonne of crazy magic attacks and then... Terra teleports away. She hides, adn he finds her, so she decides to fight him. Her interaction with Vaan ultimately existed to serve Vaan as a character, not her, and is ultimately a retread of Onion Knight, where the theme is ultimately "Terra needs time to actually work up the will to do something, so these other guys go and protect her until then"
    Of all the characters in Dissida, Terra easily got the shortest end of the stick. Even her equipment takes a hit. She used to be able to use swords and stuff, but at least I can udnerstadn that, since it adds some much needed variety to the Cosmos characters, who are nearly all sword wielders

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

First off, wrong, Cloud. Second, FFVI Terra was never plagued by doubt or inaction because she barely had a personality to speak of. But let's not get into how I feel about VI, it has nothing to do with this thread and we've digressed enough already.

10. Misty gimme kiss

I don't think we'd ever see Final Fantasy worlds. If there is one, I think it'd be limited just to that. I agree that the stories of the games are just way too big to take on, though I could see them taking a small slice. Advent Children would be pretty perfect there (explain geostigma, fight battles), but part of the difficulty for it (and every FF game) is that the characters' stories have been really changed to fit in with KH. Cloud, Aerith, Cid, Yuffie, and presumably Tifa, are all from Hollow Bastion, so having a Midgar world would be pretty confusing. Not to mention that Aerith is... y'know... alive in KH.

It might be cool to have a minigame world (like Olympus Coliseum or Disney Town) be the Final Fantasy world, though I can't think which Final Fantasy would be best suited to this. Maybe X-2 since that game is fluff.

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Between Destiny Islands and Hollow Bastion I find it hard to picture a FF story driven world. If they were to try though I picture it going a bit like Sephiroth situation where they just scrap cannon and start over. Since video games tell a story over much more time than a movie it is very hard to water down the actual plot into a level.

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

X-2 world? But Tidus, Wakka, and Yuna all already exist with different homeworlds in KH. :/

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

How 'bout the Gold Saucer from FFVII? Present company could throw out a one-off justification like "This place feels familiar..."

14. A Zebra Chaser

Honestly I think a world that's basically a stand in for an FF world could work. Radiant Garden already kinda does that, or at least, I think that's the intent, that's how I interpreted the really slanted walls outside the city, at least