Dream Drop Distance How crucial is KH:3D to the overall storyline?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Chad Thundercucc, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

I don't see myself buying a 3DS any time soon, unfortunately, but I do want to know what happens next in the story (I finished all the other games & I'm currently playing through BBS, but I totally skipped Re:Coded).

So, how important is this game to the whole storyline?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and please avoid spoilers if you can.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

VERY crucial, especially if you want to know who the good guys are going up against in KH3. If you don't get a 3DS, at least watch the cutscenes KHV was able to record from the game. They are the highest quality I've seen anywhere on the internet. As for Re:coded, I just recommend reading a summary from a wiki or something.

3. 61 No. B

well, it's the next major event that comes after KH2, so unless you wan to be completely in the dark it's pretty important.

4. A Zebra Chaser

DDD kind of MADE itself important by changing plot points from pretty much every game so far.
    That said, I'm sure they'll explain it all in KH3

5. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

It is a necessary game.. most handled games had some interesting facts, but not many essential facts, Re:codded was explained in multi games, If i remeber at the begning of 3 D they explain what they had learn in Re:codded.
    Even though KH III will probably explain the current mission and the points in 3D (Like KH II explained COM, most of 358/2), but the 3D game pick up referrences of all previous games at set the ground for the "next battle".. I guess it works like COM (introduction Organization XIII, now we know what will we fight at KH III).

I also don't have a Nintendo 3 Ds and most likely will never get one, but by what i saw I can state that it isn't just a filler.

6. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

It's very important. It reveals some things that will affect kh3 so it's definitely worth playing/watching it.

7. Labrys King's Apprentice

Very important game. The story itself made me gasp and had internal fangasms for a whole day. The plot was sooo good that the game made me come back here to discuss about it. Now that's some heavy Shit there my friend.

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It is pretty important, however I can't really say until KH3 is here if it is vital. A lot like how Chain of Memories is a big part of the plot but you could skip it and get most of the information of KH2 anyway.

I really really hope they do some nice recapping in KH3. I've played them all but a lot of people didn't want to do all the system jumping so it will alienate a lot of the fanbase. That and the plot has spread out enough that it will help all of us to go back over the threads as they come back together.

9. 61 No. B

In DDD they had the flashback and chronicle (I believe it was called) section in Mementos.
    That was a fantastic idea, and something that I would like to see implemented in pretty much every game from now on in some form or another.
    The ability to read about what happened in each previous game is great for people that haven't played every game now that the series spans so many titles and systems.
    It would eliminate the need to do any major recapping (though some would still be needed and unavoidable) in favor of having the summary right there to read, and they weren't just short summaries either, from what I remember they covered nearly everything.

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Well the flashbacks were new stuff. As far as I can tell that was more about spreading some of the early information out so we aren't watching Yen-Sid talk forever before we get started, and then it was thrown in a few other places because, hey it's there. The Chronicle pages (I'm trusting you have the name right on that since I'm too lazy to look it up), I wasn't a fan of. They are the only thing I can think of in KH that I've gone tl;dr on. Now some of that is because I do already know what happens, but that is a lot to expect from players. And if that stuff is going to have major plot relevance then players are forced to read it early or get confused at the first references.

11. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

It was made for nintendo handheld. What does that tell you?

12. A Zebra Chaser

Very little

13. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

Exactly

14. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Considering Square confirmed that it goes directly into KH3... that doesn't mean anything.

15. A Zebra Chaser

So wait, your whole point you were trying to make is that the fact that it was made for a Nintendo system tells us little to nothing about the game?
    Weird

16. 61 No. B

I think he was implying that it's either bad or not important simply by being on a nintendo handheld, which is equally as ridiculous.

17. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

DDD is very important to the plot, as it reverses a lot of plot points, introduces some important info, and generally leads up to KH3. Think of DDD as being to KH3 what Chain of Memories was to KH2. It's not vital that you play through it or watch it, but you're going to be a little confused and empty otherwise when you pick up the sequel.

Personally, I believe DDD should be--at least--watched by anyone seriously concerned about the storyline. Riku and Sora both get some beautiful character development and are challenged in ways that haven't been touched on previously. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that there's a couple big plot twists that tie into the previous games, as well as the re-introduction of some rather important characters. Fans of a certain fiery red-head will be in for some suprises...

18. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

DDD is DEFINITELY crucial to the main story, it reveals alot of questions that i personally had after playing through KH and KH2 and BBS even. and the fact of it reveals more nobodies that you may/maynot have seen comming. personally i think its above KH2 as far as story goes, KH,KH3d,KH2,BBS,CoM is my order.