Kingdom Hearts How 'bout that voice in Sora's head?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Miles, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

So who is the one that is talking to Sora in the being of KH1 at the Station of Awakening and at the End of The World when he's about to open the door to Destiny Island? I don't think this has been talked about yet. I thought that it could have been Ventus giving what happened in BBS.

"So much to do... So little Time"

What are your thoughts?

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I was thinking it could be Ventus as well. But a part of me thinks it was King Mickey for some reason...

3. Serenacake Traverse Town Homebody

I've thought about it a lot, and I still have absolutely no idea. Part of me thinks there is no clear answer to this question, because perhaps, we're not meant to know (But maybe we are).
    ffxiii spoiler:
    Maybe it was like in the ending of Final Fantasy XIII - Where the player could hear Vanille and Fang Talking but the party cannot.

4. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Ohh. Didn't think it could be Mickey. It could be him.

5. No. i Moogle Assistant

Ever since I played BBS, I've thought of it to be Ventus. I mean think about it, Ventus is in Sora's heart and Sora is in his dive to the heart. Plus, only Sora heard that voice in the End of the World. Ventus is the only one in his heart at the time.
    I guess it could be King Mickey as well, but it seems odd to me that only Sora would've heard him at the End of the World......

6. Krowley Moderator

I always thought it was a heart speaking.
    During Ventus' awakening segment in Birth By Sleep, the text claims "I'm a brand new heart."
    I guess the heart gains more sentience during the "Dive to the Heart" segments.

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

And that "brand new heart" turned out to be Sora, which would make it more possible that it was Ven speaking to him in KH1

8. 61 No. B

If they were going to explain it I think it would be Ventus, as that's the only explanation that would make any sense.

9. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

It scould either be Ventus inside Sora's heart, or Yen Sid because of his all powerful magic.

10. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I really think It's Ven. It'd make a lot of sense. After all he is right there in him. :P

11. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

At first, I was thinking it was King Mickey. In the Final Mix version, the voice is seen talking again to Riku when he's in the realm of darkness toward the end of the game after Ansem takes over his body. Regardless of all the unofficial translations out there, I believe the voices at those times were talking in the same manner.

Nowadays, it would make sense if those were two separate voices, Ventus to Sora and King Mickey to Riku. It's hard to say because Ventus wasn't even created as a character when the first game came out, so perhaps it's an unintentional ambiguity that can't really be cleared up unless otherwise confronted about it directly to Nomura-san. This would also have a chance to be cleared up when the HD remake comes out, but I doubt it would be their top priority to do so.

12. Jin うごかないで

It's always been bugging me at the back of my mind as to who and what that voice was. at first I thought It was nothing to really get worked up over but as i went on to play more and more KH games from the first one to the latest I had so many people try fit the roll. But since I never bothered to actually attempt to find out who the voice was I came to the conclusion It was Yen sid though that sounds stupid I honestly thought He would be the only person who's voice would have matched how I imagined the voice in sora's head to sound ..if that makes sense

13. A Zebra Chaser

I see pretty much everyone here doesn't know. This baffled me for quite some time.
    Then someone hooked me up with an interview where Nomura said it was Mickey.
    So yeah.
    It was Mickey.
    Yeah
    http://www.kh-vids.net/threads/who-talks-to-sora-at-the-awakening.97640/

14. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

hmmm. Maybe it was Mickey after all. Don't pretty much fans wright guide books though or people who get the copy early?

15. A Zebra Chaser

Are you talking about Ultimania? It's far from fan made; it's almost REQUIRED reading to understand some of the stuff in KH >.>

16. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yes. That's how most guide books are made, right? It's not always made from the creators.

17. A Zebra Chaser

Ultimania has information direct from Nomura's mouth.
    You should give them a read; there are plenty of summaries floating around the internet.
    They tell a LOT about KH that you would have no way of knowing otherwise.

18. Labrys King's Apprentice

Well it could be neither Ventus nor Mickey, but instead it's Sora's own heart speaking to him within.