Chain of Memories Help with Vexen!!!!!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Narnianqueen, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Narnianqueen Merlin's Housekeeper

I am really really stuck you guys! I've tried to beat this guy like thirty times already! I've read somewhere that you really have to use combos. Ok, doing that. Lethal flame, blitz, sonic blade, even this combo with cloud that works really well but I can't even reduce his health to the last bar or whatever. Please help! Any tricks? Thanks.

2. Machazo Destiny Islands Resident

Fire really helps, especially fire raid.Use 7-numbered keyblade cards and DON'T repeat the type of keyblade. After 2-3 fire raids with 2 fires in front of them ( so that you can do it after reloading) you can do sonic blades with the remaining cards. Have a few cure cards and you're good to go.

3. Narnianqueen Merlin's Housekeeper

What if I don't have fire raid...? :) And thanks for replying.

4. Machazo Destiny Islands Resident

Have you got a calm bounty card?(the map card which has a chest). If so, use it in Monstro and there's a chance you might get fire raid. Also, what level are you?

5. Narnianqueen Merlin's Housekeeper

6. Machazo Destiny Islands Resident

OK, with fire raid and sonic blade you should get his bars down quickly. After using up all those, use basic combos and he's done for.

7. Narnianqueen Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks for the help! Maybe I can beat him...

8. Ayndxa Moogle Assistant

You're trying to fight him in CoM I'm guessing?
    Use lots of sleights involving lightning and fire. Also have a few cures. With a little luck, you'll pwn him. XP

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Hopefully you aren't still stuck there. But in case you are, or someone else is looking at this. Since the strategy involves a lot of slights see if you can't set you deck so that the front card on each of your initial slights is a premium. The cost of premiums not reloading doesn't matter because the lead card in a slight won't reload anyway.

And something I should note because of the fire raid, IIRC all worlds have something special in the first chest you open. So it might be worth the revisits to see what you may have missed.

10. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I found dodge roll to be my best friend during this fight. Dodge his attacks and wait for an opening. And the worse thing you can do is use sleights constentlly or you might end up with about one attack card left and thats never good.

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That all depends on how effective your slights are. If he's dead before you reach that point then who cares?

If decking out does become an issue there are two easy fixes. First, is find the smallest deck you are comfortable using in the given situation and then just make sure you stop using slights at that point. Second, find out how much damage using your deck up in slights will do; save your slights until their health goes under the threshold and then unleash your fury.

Disclaimer: I'm assuming decking out is only an issue for boss battles since random battles are too short for you to be running that many slights. If you prove me wrong on that count my second method becomes less reliable