Help With My Daddy?

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by GenerationVIII, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenerationVIII Destiny Islands Resident

I need serious help please...

My parents are divorced and I live with my mama and dad (my name for my step father). I have to visit my daddy (my birth father) every other weekend. He's over protective, posessive, and has a bad anger problem.

Anger problem example:

A couple years ago I let it slip out that I call my step father dad (basically because he raised me). Daddy got pissed and started hitting things and cussing me out saying, "You, *****! I am your f***ing father! You can't f***ing replace! Where did you get that damned idea of replacing me?!"

I'm still scared of another incident like that...

Now more than ever the protective hold has gotten tighter. I guess its because I'm going to be a freshmen in high school and my best guy friend is going to be a senior.

2. *Hippie Jesus* "I get online and notice I have E-mail I click my

Between the area where your parent's have sex
    Well my parents aren't divorced some i'm not to sure what to do.

A) Be really special nice to your dad then explain to him that he needs to control his anger but do that after 2 weeks of being super nice

B) Tell your mom about it and I'm sure they could wokr things through some way

C) Just remind him about how much you love him but get him to realize that your growing up and all your family stuff...just basically to him everyone looks up to him.

3. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

my dad has anger issues too....i think you should stay away from him for awhile but if you HAVE to see him tell him about this problem and that he's scaring you he might understand..but if he gets mad about that you should try telling your mom she might be able to help you too

4. GenerationVIII Destiny Islands Resident

Let me add this too...

I'm afriad of shrinks...

My mom is threatning to send me to one if I don't start telling her what I have on my mind... This will definately get me sent to one...

And everytime I try to talk to my daddy he either changes the subject or hangs up...

5. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

why don't you tell her about your dad then?

6. GenerationVIII Destiny Islands Resident

The blue part...

7. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

oh...i see now sorry xD i know i'm slow...

8. Repliku Chaser

Your father is obviously not taking things so well with the divorce and does definitely have some anger management issues. Some things you might want to try are just going to spend some quality time with him. Ask him if he'd want to go to a movie to get him out of the house, or just wander the mall or anything. He needs to get out and live a little and he might enjoy some time with you because you are his daughter and though he's being very angry, it's because he's unhappy.

Maybe think of things your father likes to do because he probably hasn't done them for a while. Ask him maybe to go bowling or fishing or something. Then, whatever you can get him to agree to do and spend quality time with him, try to just focus on how he is doing and describe how you are doing in school etc, saying you are doing well and all. Try if you can to leave out parts about your other dad and your mom if you can, such as any negatives. I'd suggest really leaving the other dad out of conversation completely if you can. Your father seems to have a low self-esteem and is feeling backed against a wall and frustrated. He needs to get out and live a little and also feel he's not losing you from his life. He also wants to be protective of you and ensure you are safe and you don't make mistakes; especially with a boy who is a senior now. So take his advice on that and be careful.

As for your mom threatening you if you don't say what's wrong...what are you doing that gives off the impression something is wrong? You must be giving her clues and acting negative in some way for her to say such a thing. You might want to try cheering up around the house and doing some activities and just well, not being so glum or doing whatever it is that is tipping her off if you don't want to talk to her. Otherwise, you may have to just spill the beans and say that you are worried that your father is very angry and over-protective and that it is making you unhappy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.