Traditional Art Happy Birthday Melvina

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by windblade, Feb 20, 2014.

1. windblade King's Apprentice

I uploaded this yesterday (well, it was past midnight for me, but it was still the 19th in SOME places in the world, so it still counts!) for the birthday of the titular character in my favourite fictional series (which is even evident by looking at my avatar and signature on kh-vids).

http://xorte-renshe.deviantart.com/art/Happy-Birthday-Melvina-Vidya-Advani-435362957

This is my first demonstration of my new artstyle - one that I've been working on for a number of months. The goal was to completely get rid of line art. It's not totally realistic, as her hair is still cartoonishly big, but that's kind of the point. Her eyes are also a bit larger than a real person's would be. It's a more fancified appearance.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the shape of her face. She looks a bit too mature, as I was going for a youthful look. Not sure if I need to decrease the size of her nose, perhaps, or make her face rounder. Or perhaps change the way I added shine and shadow to her cheeks to make them look either more uniform or rounder. I'm not sure.
    Suppose I'll experiment with that when I get the time.

2. Cherry Berry Chaser

Your art piece looks amazing, absolutely love the realism to it too! uwu

I think it might be worth making her facial features a little rounder and softer, if you're going for the more youthful look uwu

Other than that, thank you for sharing with us your wonderful art piece~

3. windblade King's Apprentice

Thanks!
    And yes. Rounder seems to be it. Strangely, it's really difficult to achieve (for me, at least)! But hey, what is Spring Break for if not anti-social art practice, haha!

4. Shuhbooty moon child

Actually I still perceive her as mature and youthful. I love the realism! Its absolutely gorgeous c: Personally I like the lineart xD but I haven't had any time (or chance really) to practice any sort of graphic art. Again, its beautiful c: Keep up the great work. ~