Hacking Tutorial - How to use the BBS Modding Station (Basics)

Discussion in 'Video Showcase' started by Wheel of Time, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Hello everyone ^^
    This is a simple tutorial for those who still don't understand how the BBS Modding Station works; so I hope it helps and hope you enjoy the video ^^

[video=youtube;vq3fWYeSZIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3fWYeSZIQ[/video]​

BBS0 - Cutscene models (HQ, MQ), some bosses (MF, ...), all battle events, story sounds, etc...
    BBS1 - All the in-game stuff.
    BBS2 - Maps and cutscene events.
    BBS3 - Extra stuff, beta models, debug info, bosses' AIs, ....
    BBS4 - 2 videos (literally, nothing else apart from those videos).

News and updates on Truth's program:
    http://www.pspgweber.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=26194

If you have any questions ask here or over at Truth's thread ^^

2. fahad10 Merlin's Housekeeper

thanks for this tutorial and +rep but i just want to know the digits of the bgms (at3) cause when i open the bgm list it shows me from 1 to 82, and there are 151 at3 in the sound folder any help for this plz

3. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

You're welcome ^^

I actually have no idea which bgm is which ^^'

4. fahad10 Merlin's Housekeeper

oh ok no problem

5. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

awesome thank you so much seph now I can finally use the program truth made.^ ^

6. EvilRiku89 Moogle Assistant

Hi there!
    I apologize in advice for my bad english... Italian guy here!

I have a problem wit this tool =(
    I used perfectly the program to extract from the .dat files, but when I try to re-insert the files back into the BBS0.dat (after the edit of some HQ models...Before that I've used the "Run Noesis Model Wiever" function to see the model compeltely builded up with my changes, and everything seems fine). I wait till the end of the process. I re-create the iso and launch the game... .... To see that nothing happened.

Than I've tried to re-extract the BBS0.dat file and when I use again the "Run Noesis Model Wiever" I can see that the models are, in fact, again in their original state without all of my changes! So, I have to believe that there is a problem with the "Insert" function and that it can't re-create the BBS0.dat properly? This can be the only thing, though...

How can I fix this?

(Using BBS Modding Station 1.5.5)

7. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

You need to re-extract the *.DAT file that you're trying to repack.

8. EvilRiku89 Moogle Assistant

This doesn't change a thing.
    It happens every time I extract from the BBS0.dat and Insert after the replacement of the textures. If I try the new ISO, or simply re-extract for the .dat, I see nothing changed. All my changes aren't saved!

I don't know why but it seems that it doesn't really Insert anything at all, even if the window pops up and it shows me all the re-insert list thing... That's absurd.

the files needed for it to succede are all there (they tell me that you need FFFF.tmp, INFO and Extra_Animations.txt or it doesn't work... But is all perfectly here. As for FFFF.tmp, it can miss if you randomly close the modding station, just because is a temporary file, but I didn't).

I really can't understand the thing... Is possibile that I'm the only one who can't replace textures because of this problem? =°(

Sorry if I insist but I really can't just give up.

9. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Exactly what kind of changes were you making? Keep in mind that you can't replace a model with another model that's higher in filer size.

10. EvilRiku89 Moogle Assistant

Yeah, I knew it already, and if you try to load a higher file the new ISO just don't work.
    I've just re-colorized the HQ model of Maleficent and Master Eraqus as well as Master Eraqus MQ models, just for trying if it works. The file has perfectly the same size as before the mod =\
    What happens is that, I don't know why, I can't properly re-insert all the files back into the BBS0.dat

(the fact that when I re-extract from the .dat, after I try to Insert the edited textures, it gives me all the models in their original state proves it)

It just... Don't re-insert.
    And I really can't understand the reason.
    Everything goes fine, the window when it shows you all the re-inserting list is there, I wait the time needed, but when is finished... Nothing happened.

11. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Have you tried the single insertion feature? That might yield a different result.

12. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

hello . i have a qestion for u guys if u can anwser it by friday at the leat plz . with this program is there any way to chang Ventus Terra and Aqua into Mickey i always wanted to play as mickey in this game . and how would I change the voice as well ? like if i changed Ventus into Sora kh2 in the usa version or final mix . i have both it dont matter . but can u guys explaind to me how this work ? i know how to change the texture of the charterers cuz i change Terra into Terranort with the gray hair . but i want his voice and stuff like that . if u can repliy by me by friday that would be good . (THIS IS MY SPRING BREAK FROM SCHOOL)

13. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

You have to mess with animations and such to get a fully working BBS Mickey and it's alot of hassle so I wouldn't even bother trying.
    As for Terranort with his voice is possible and have been made before, if you don't want to do it yourself I recommend you trying out the Easy BBS Modding Station which can be found at this link:

http://www.pspgweber.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27035

Also a note is that the Easy BBS Modding Station is only for FM

14. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Will u do it for me plz

15. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

No, I don't have the time nor I think it's worth the effort

16. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Can. Help me with this ? Bbs modding stastion dosent detect the USA version . It it need be decricpt ? Can u send me the download link plz plz plz

17. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Just almost follow the same instructions as the FM version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zx815rex853m5f6

18. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

So if I do this . Will the Easy bbs modding stastion work for the USA version ?

19. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

No, not the easy one, but the BBS Modding Station. If you want to use the Easy BBS Modding Station then you have to use FM

20. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Sorry for the bump, but it's relevant and specific to the topic.

Is there some sort of voodoo magic that I have to cast on the US version of BBS to get the modding station to extract all the files? The only .dat file it seems to load is 0, and even then, it says that it's from the Final Mix version of the game.

My first thought was that the other dat files were encrypted, but the dnas_decrypter doesn't seem to want to do it's job.

I'm in the process of trying to replace the Final Mix-specific versions of the Unversed with their internation-specific skins (Flood being blue instead of purple, etc) but after diving through the extracted files I'm still missing 11 unversed skins.

• Iron Imprisoner (all four)
    • Spiderchest
    • Archraven
    • Hareraiser
    • Triple Wrecker
    • Axe Flapper
    • Mimic Master