Hacker Group Anonymous Aims to Destroy Facebook on Nov. 5

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Kubo, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Best of luck to them. =]

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

They seem quite active as always. They will end up getting their way.

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Who care's, as long as info is not leaked (like the incident I wont say with who Sony) I couldn't care less about facebook, it's gotten to big too fast and I can't stand something like that. Once you gain that much power and popularity in so little time then it goes to your head. Facebook is selling info to the government and stealing info from us. (Glad I use Alias's on everything but my facebook page, track me now Motha *(^)%) Plus all of the games and what not on facebook turn all these kids and even parents into mindless idiots who waste money (actual legitimate money, you know the kind from the bank) on games so they can get virtual money to by crap they don't need. Don't get me wrong, I like to stay in touch with my friends . . . but that is all! I keep getting this all the time, "Hey will you do my crops" or "Will you join this and help me out" I am sick and tired of people and there stupid facebook. The only reason I haven't deleted mine yet is because I have a list of friends who I don't get to see on there and I want to be able to contact them. Even without facebook, I believe almost everyone has forgotten about the phone and phone-book. Well enough of my rant and good luck Anonymous. Viva La Resistance!! Viva La Legion!!

4. libregkd -

5. C This silence is mine

Oh no, the government knows that I had brownies for breakfast!! Wat will i ever do?!?!

Seriously, this is ****ing ******ed. I don't really care about facebook, I barely use it, but what kind of SUPER SECRET!! thing do you even put on facebook? 99.999% of all information that is on facebook is complete and utter crap, do they really think that the government is looking through everything to find one important secret among one billion random stuff? "Facebook knows more about you than your family" pfft, ******s. I'm guessing they're just using that to cover up that they're taking it down just so that AnonPlus will be the main option though, but lol, nobody is going to be using that.

I anticipate that this will go as well as when they tried to take down tumblr and only got 4chan taken down for a bit instead.

6. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Anyone can take take down 4chan noawadays

7. Tienewman Like A Boss

they probably should have kept their plan to themselves. Now facebook will be ready for any attack they have to offer.

Come November 5th people will be on facebook....

8. Spike H E R O

These guys are known for making things happen. Will they succeed or not? That's the only real question here. If they do rid the net or Facebook, then people will just move on to Google+ (which to me seems ironic in this situation). I don't care much personally since the only kind of info I share on Facebook are my favorite books, some articles I've written and the fact that Hawaian pizza is my favorite kind of pizza (which is funny, because when I think about it, Facebook does know more about me than my family does).

At any rate: come what may, in the end it won't matter. We'll just move on to the next stupidity like we always have.

9. The Fuk? Dead

Didn't see this coming at all. /sarcasm

But why is Facebook the pinnacle of hacking targets? Regardless, I smell a trap.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

Like I said over on SEGA yesterday, I find it to be just a bunch of baloney -- they're just trying to scare people.

They failed to take down Amazon.

Besides, even if it were true, which I find hard to believe, by giving a date, Facebook can use this time to tighten security.

11. bluekingboy Destiny Islands Resident

Hmmmm destroy facebook so people will go to your network run by known hackers and cyberterrorists? Somehow I dont see this happening.....Regardless they can take down facebook if they want itll only come back up in a month or so. And as for the fifth of November your symbolism is terrible. V fought against people like you.And as for the rest of you here saying go ahead your ridiculous.You are encouraging cyberterrorism.And as I recall somebody got banned for threatening to take down a certain site (smirks at the mods)

12. Daxa~ #stalker

Phhhft.
    I hope they do it.
    I dont have FB,as Im to paranoid not bothered,but if people chose to put that much information about themselves online,tough sh*t.
    And also,I doubt they will succed,as they were stupid enough to issue a warning.
    But meh.

13. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Hacktivism, preferably. You might remember that V did it himself.

14. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Oh God, somebody found a soapbox in the trash can. Let us all run and hide from he who is more righteous than us.

15. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

So now you want everyone to bow before me? Well, I can't object to that.

As for Anon actually pulling this off, I see it happening but I also see facebook getting back up and running in a matter of hours, maybe a few days.

16. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Personally i can't say i care that much, i just made a Facebook account and i'm not even sure if i'm going to keep it. I understand the whole privacy thing and they do have a point to be honest, the fact that you can never completely delete your account (or as far as i've heard, you can do so but it is a huge process) is a huge drawback for Facebook and i know a lot of people complain about it, but even if there is exploitation of personal info then what...? Will this or that company will know that you don't like their products... I can't say i get it...

I believe that this:
    has already covered what i wanted to say but just to expand on it a little, as Christhor says, Facebook is completely filled with useless information, i seriously doubt if the U.S government (or any other government or governmental organization like F.B.I which is known that it takes info from Facebook - yeah they are soooo lame....) would care enough if person A dates person B and now things "are complicated" because of person C and whether or not person D will go on vacation with his/her mother or that among your interests is reading books and playing GOW. Plus, those info are just a minority of details that form a human's life. I know that a lot is going on about governments that want to control everything but this will never happen, no matter how much control and violation of privacy is put upon us.

Besides, false info is always a choice...

I get you there, it is annoying, i have a friend who is constantly loged in on facebook, posting, pressing the 'like" button and all that Jazz and it is kind of irritating but it all comes down to ones way of using technology, we can't say "internet/facebook/this or that is bad", it is the way we are using it. If there are people who are being sucked into something like Facebook and spend money on pointless games that is their problem.

As for the friends that you or any other person can't keep in touch with them, it is a lie and you know it. There is always Skype, msn, aim, mails, phones, txt messages etc. there are always ways of keeping in touch with others, we live in 2011, saying that Facebook is useful that way is just a lame excuse...

^This. Exactly this.

+This^
    First myspace, now Facebook, they might as well just want to be the next big thing out there.

17. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I feel like this will just take down facebook for a few days at worst. Yeah, have fun with that. :|

18. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Things like this make me happy to remember I don't have a Facebook.

19. The Fuk? Dead

It wasn't stupid. The way they usually attack is sneaky, just all of a sudden take down some website with no warning, when they least expect it. Now Anon thinks they have some sort of honor about it, give them fair warning before this geek battle unfolds. If Anon shows up with their spartans, I hope facebook releases the Kraken on them.

20. Tienewman Like A Boss

If..."if" they manage to knock down facebook, they'll be back online in minutes...maybe hours.