*gulps* I NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by T3F, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T3F Chaser

Basically, It goes like this:

We all know I like someone yes? Well that someone is a member of this forum! My idiot 'friend' Diamond Angel PMed him-saying that I like him!See, thats not whats bugging me. I like him, he knows, but there is an issue behind this:

Now whenever he talks to me he gets scared, and i talked to him one time and he said "I'm scared of bisexuals!"
    Apparently, a lot of people think I'm still a lesbian or something! My whole grade thinks so, somehow making all the guys in the grade scared of me. If I try to set the record straight, some girls from another grade might hear me say it, and think I am a lezzo! i dunno what to do!

2. Repliku Chaser

A lot of teenagers experiment with sex to include deciding what gender they like as well as what other things they are drawn to in people. It's pretty normal to not be sure at this stage what you like or don't. Basically the best thing to say in this case is that if you are with a person, you are with that person and well, you aren't going to cheat around or something. If you like this guy maybe he will like you if he sees that you are a 'one person to person' sort whether you are bi or not. Obviously if you like a guy, you aren't a lesbian. So if you said so to friends that you like a guy and if they say something say you aren't a lesbian. I wouldn't worry too much about what friends think because if you say you like someone, most people can do the math and figure it out that obviously if it's a guy, you can't just be a lesbian. If not, you need new friends with brains.

The person you like may or may not want to go out with you but at least it answers a question for you that you are indeed either bisexual or straight. Good luck though with things.

3. Chevalier Crystal Princess

\\
    omg...i would say to take desperate mesures.....

wait....why do they think youre lesbian?

desperate measures.......

4. Explode Who?!

Repliku speaks the truth! It shouldn't matter to a partner if you are bisexual, so long as you don't cheat on them, in which case your relationship would be screwed regaurdless of that person's sex. You also shouldn't rule out the possibility that he said that because he wasn't interested, but couldn't break it to you truthfully. But don't worry about that yet, as Repliku said, make sure he knows that your bisexuality won't effect your relationship with him.

If you are concerned about setting the record straight, tell your friends the truth first, in a place that no one can overhear you. Once you do that, the truth will spread naturally, just as the rumors did. This way, you won't have to correct everyone by youreslf, the people you told the truth to will also be able to help you.

5. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

It's OK sephy.The only thing you can do is set him and the people who think so straight.There is no other options for it but to tell them all your interested in guys.

6. T3F Chaser

Ok, I got all that, what you guys are confusing me with is, I am only 13, And I could swear i'm straight. You guys are making it sound like i'm bi, which i'm not. Just to clarify

7. Repliku Chaser

The way your post reads, it sounded as though you were saying you were bi. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's kind of what led us to think it since you said 'people think I'm STILL a lesbian'. If you were drawn to girls at one time but aren't now, that's fine but you'll have to explain that to a few friends that you are actually straight. The person on the board too might need to hear you are not bi. However, that may or may not change his mind. The suggestions here may work for you and I wish you luck.

8. Explode Who?!

Sorry, but the way you said it, you made it sound as if you were bi, but people thought you were completely gay. Fair enough, that just means that you have to explain the same thing to him as to your other friends.

EDIT: Repliku, that is f***ing scary XD I just realized that we pretty much said the same thing in different words, and only a few seconds apart.

9. Mexony Hollow Bastion Committee

I see. Well if the people think you're still a lesbian, I suggest that you'd ignore them. Tell someone that you can trust about how you feel about it ( from the kids being scared of you, etc) If they think you're still a lesbian, you can prove them that you're not.

10. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am a bisexual also, i have a gay friend too but anyways just tell them you are just not a lesbian

11. Asylum Destiny Islands Resident

It's okay to like someone of the same gender, not saying you do or anything. Just want to say it's all right. I've got plenty of gay and bisexual friends and their awesome.
    As for what this guy said, do you honestly think he's that great of a guy if he's going to insist on being scared of bisexuals?
    Anyway, tell people that your straight. It doesn't matter if they believe you or not, as long as you know you are and your close friends do. If they choose not to believe you after you said you were straight once, why waste your breath? Screw those people, their being childish.
    Well, that just my opinion on the situation. Hope it helps ^^'.

12. T3F Chaser

Oh, sorry. its just that earlier in the year, there were rumours being spread that i was a lesbian. The topic came up again so I thought people STILL thought i was a lesbian. See???

13. Repliku Chaser

I understand. Basically though if people are not willing to listen to you if you tell them in seriousness that you are not a lesbian, they have basically called you a liar, which isn't very nice. The teen years are years of exploration and figuring out how you do feel and what you are attracted to. If they don't get that, put it on them and just be honest with yourself. Sooner or later those other people will stop saying what they are and you know who you are so don't let them bring you down. Peers can be amusing people sometimes.

I'd say that he can still be a great guy even if he doesn't like imagining himself with a bisexual person. It doesn't mean he hates bisexuality. It means he doesn't want to go out with someone who is and he has the right to choose what he is attracted to or repulsed by as assuredly as any bisexual person has the choice. If we were all the same well...we wouldn't have so many problems with dating etc would we?

At any rate, shadow of sephiroth, I hope things are going alright for you since we haven't heard yet if the advice helped or not. Good luck!

14. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Stopped there...quit right now,you'll only get hurt.Trust me,a member found out she got cheated on just yesterday by another member.It's best you only stay friends..love doesn't work out online like some people think they do.

It's just a warning,feel free to ignore it,but I have experience with this sort of thing.

15. T3F Chaser

Uhh...This guy goes to my school. Anyway, that advice really helped guys. Thanks heaps!

16. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

You lead me astray with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.