GUESS WHO'S THE HEAD OF THE SCHOOL QUIDDICH TEAM

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Fearless, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Fearless A good and beautiful child

IT ME

I'M CAPTAIN

[​IMG]

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

BUT WHAT POSITION DO YOU PLAY

3. Fearless A good and beautiful child

We're still putting together the team itself, so no ones position is in stone yet, but it's very likely I'll be Chaser or Seeker.

4. 61 No. B

go, fearless

5. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

At the risk of sounding like an actual adult, what is the point of this? I saw people running about with brooms between their legs shrieking on my campus during my college days and everyone, quite reasonably, poked fun. No matter who you are you have to admit it looks like something you'd see in the yard of a halfway house. So does the appeal come from it being fun for some interpretation of fun? Because, really, how is this even vaguely like the fictional version and in lieu of that how does it work like an actual real people sport?

Anyways, have fun or whatever.

6. burnitup Still the Best 1973

7. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

From what I know about it (through research and having a friend whose played for years) it's actually a very contact sport, almost I'm the vain of rugby. It's gotten pretty big in colleges to the point that they have a national chamionship in the states. Sure, it may seem silly to some, but that doesn't change the fact that these people train just as hard as most other athletes.

And there's even a movement within the sport to separate it from its fictional origins.

8. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I'd imagine that the point of it is the same as any other sport; there isn't any, but it's entertaining to watch/play.

Tummer explained it quite well, though.

9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Even as a huge HP fan, it's not something I would probably do. That being said, if you (or anyone else for that matter) cares enough to pull something like this together, I see no point in making fun of it. I mean if you want to be an ass, just for the sake of being one, then I guess that's your call. I'm pretty sure they aren't doing this to impress other people or fit into the shallow definition of "cool". If you guys are enjoying yourselves, more power to ya.

More importantly, favorite book/movie from the series?

10. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Oddly enough, my favorite books and movies are reversed. When it comes to the books, I prefer the earlier ones (especially Sorcerer's Stone), as I adore the fluffy lightheartedness the plots give off while drawing you into the worlds and giving the exposition.

However, when it comes to the movies, I tend to favor the later ones. If I was younger, I might've said Sorcerer's Stone was my favorite movie as well, however since I started taking film classes I tend to notice details more in films, and Sorcerer's Stone, much as I love it, has... not particularly aged well. When compared to the later films, a lot of the CGI doesn't hold up, and the differences in directors and style is astounding to me. Not to say it's not a good film, but the newer ones have better acting, better budget, better directing, and so forth. Not to mention, I adore the sort of not-really-steampunk aesthetic of the newer films.

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I agree, I also hate what they cut from the movies. Watching the extended editions of the first two makes the movies better in my opinion. Less awkward time skips/cuts, among other things. Good stuff though.

12. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I'm in the camp of "this looks silly" too but they're having fun so who am I to judge? It seems like a sport version of LARPing, and I wouldn't judge a LARPer. Just wouldn't catch me jumping in either.

Besides that, lots of people think DND looks silly, nameen?