Greetings KHV!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Departures' started by al215, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al215 Kingdom Keeper

I've been posting 'round here for a little while now so I should probably introduce myself XDD

*clears throat*

Harr there maties I be-

No, not pirate. That's not right.

All jokes aside XD

Hello everybody I am al215 (but you can call me Al, Alex or anything else that takes your fancy (Not rude I hope!)) and I'm 16 (Almost 17!) years old, although I like to think that my mental age is a little older XD I'm in what folks in the UK would call Sixth Form and I've got no idea what the rest of the world calls that, so go figure because I've got no idea myself. I'm studying Ancient History, Computing, Psychology and Spanish if anyone is curious (for whatever reason XD).

Moving on (you're going to get bored if I type any more about my life XD)

I'm a gamer and an occasional writer (by that I mean- Tries to write, but can never finish projects). I read, I listen to music and generally exist. I'm a roleplayer (Fairly average one) and I love stuff like D&D, so you'll probably find me hanging around your roleplaying arena doing my thing. I've also got an interest in general affairs so, you'll probably see my around the discussion thread too because I like discussing a subject and throwing my thoughts out there on a topic. I also occasionally cycle, swim and try to get to the gym from time to time.

A little more on stuff I really like (That isn't KH 'cause that's a given XD):
    Games:
    Jedi Knight series (brilliant Star Wars games)
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 (Those games are just like, the best I love them. Yes my profile pic is a screenshot of Darth Revan from KOTOR. Favourite character in Star Wars (Curse you SW:TOR you ruined it!))
    XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within (And the classics too!)
    The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion is the personal favourite there)
    Dishono(u)red (Not loved enough but that game was fantastic)
    Warhammer 40'000 Dawn of War series (I play the tabletop game too- Praise the Emperor!)
    Civilization (Gotta love making your own empire and nuking knights in the 17th Century right?)
    The Witcher 2 (Such a good game. Great story)
    Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Finally an LOTR game I like!)

Music:
    Soundtracks, particularly the TES soundtracks and pretty much every Star Wars soundtrack ever. You can add the Death Note soundtrack too, and throw in the Attack on Titan one for good measure (Seid ihr das essen? Nein wir sind die Jaeger!)
    Metal of various different sorts. Power metal bands like Sabaton and Blind Guardian (Probably favourite band in general), Iced Earth (Thrash?) and a bit of Amon Amarth (Not quite screaming, more like grunting- I think it's Death Metal XD)
    Rock as might be expected. Muse is probably my favourite there
    Musicals sometimes, particularly the War of the Worlds musical
    Anything else that I randomly come across that I happen to take a liking to (I'm pretty open about trying music)

Books:
    Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time (Got into this one very recently, like, 2 months ago. It's 14 books long making it the longest series that I've read through and I'm on my first run through of it, currently at Book 11)
    A Song of Ice and Fire (Or Game of Thrones for all you show watchers XD Enjoying both the books and the show. Come on already with The Winds of Winter George!)
    The Lord of the Rings (Fantasy classic)
    Discworld (I love Terry Pratchett his writing is hilarious)
    And once again, anything else that I come across that looks interesting. Getting started on The Belgariad by David Eddings soon and I'll probably be investigated more Arthur C. Clarke and Alan Dean Foster sooner or later.

Other stuff:
    Absung the XD face (XD)

Now that you've braved the list of my likes, I'm not going to bore you with my dislikes because that's pretty pointless. So, I guess that leaves one thing: Why did I join?

That's because I was introduced to the website as a friend from another Forum who found this site and well, it seemed to be a pretty good place to go so I'm kind of migrating now XD All in all, looking forward to settling into the community and talking more to you guys.

Okay, that's it. I'm done now XD See you all on the forum guys!~

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Whaddup breh. I'm Nova. Thanks for joinin' my game, sounds like you'll fit right in around here. Just make sure you've given all them there local laws the once-over and such.

I see a lot of fantasy epics on your book list; you ever heard of The Name of the Wind? First book in a series, unfinished but it looks good so far. You should give it a shot. And if you do, I'm sure @Makaze would be happy to dish about it with ya ;D

3. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Welcome, welcome to our humble abode! Hope you enjoy your time here! And, if you're looking for some fun books to read, I highly recommend Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next book series. Its a comedy detective series that involves the characters traveling into books.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ehehe, I've seen you around a bit, but here's your official welcome. It's nice to officially meet you! XD

All that Star Wars, you and Misty would get along swimmingly. :>

With all the fantasy, sci-fi, and gaming in general you like, I think you might be interested in the Etrian Odyssey game series (if you've got a DS [or DS emulator] or 3DS). It depends on how much you like dungeon crawlers and turn-based combat. Some really cool stuff about the games is that one of the main features is that you have to create your own maps for the dungeons you go through (which is a lot easier than it sounds; it's all grid-based), and you also get to create your own characters to play through the game (unless you play story mode on The Millennium Girl). I'm not really doing it justice, I feel, so feel free to look it up. :3

...Since you've been around, I guess I don't need to give you the spiels about sections of the site you might like, or about the staff members or anything...

In any case, it's good to see you're acclimating yourself. ^^; I hope to continue to see you around~

5. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Hey There, Al! Happy to make your acquaintance! All the games you mentioned...are the games I enjoyed playing myself! Especially XCOM: Enemy Within!! Awesome!!

You're going to thrive here just fine. :)

6. Misty gimme kiss

AYYYYYYYY
    I am KHV's resident KotOR fan so definitely hit me up if you want to discuss literally anything about it. I also love to read (and write oh boy) fanfiction about it so if that's your steez definitely post it up in the Writer's Nook!

Otherwise welcome to the site, I've seen you around (and meant to say something about your icon haha) so I already know you're fitting in well but if you have any questions feel free to ask~

7. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! Hope to see you all around!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.