Traditional Art Getting lost a bit

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Dinny, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Been questioning my art lately and junk. I don't know what to do anymore. If I want to keep doing art and blahh, I'm very caught and confused. But um, anyway, I have been embracing my style more! Um, if I can call it a style... I guess? Ahhh so lost ; A ;

All I know is that I've been trying to draw this way and that and it never works out until I just start from absolutely nowhere, with nothing in my head, then I come out with something I'm at least a bit content with. So yeah, I would just like to share it here - because I want to c:
    Open to opinions, critique, etc.

Oh,
    Yes, I've been too lazy to go to my scanner plus I don't really have the time with my exams ongoing at the moment (lol I'm online because my family told me to take a break and stop studying) so these photos were taken through instagram. I'm cool /shot/

Fairies, and creatures and things

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Llave Superless Moderator

AWAAAAAAAAI SO GOOOD!

I definitely see an improvement in your work, and I really really really love the first one. I think your taste for "skull candy" look has rubbed off on me *_*

(I just wanna color them they are soo cute)

Anyway nice job and I hope you do your best for finals!

3. Loriah Banned

Whoo--those are beautiful! :) I loved the Tooth Fairy pic and I've got to say--she sure is pretty. [I'm a bit jealous--but who cares?] Your drawing style is AMAZING.

4. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

These are all really good ^_^ I like the Happy Halloween and the Tooth Fairy, but the second one is my favorite of the three. The left character is cute, the top right looks lost in thought, and the bottom right just looks confused lol

You're a really good artist, your work is lovely.

And good luck with your exams, hope all goes well ^_^

5. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

O__O A...AMAZING!

I LOVE YOUR STYLE DINNY~~!! It's so pretty and fairy like.

Just one thing. Balance on the eyes of the left sketch on the second pic is a bit off. The farther eye is a bit shorter than the other one.
    Same with the Tooth Fairy. Just keep in mind the balance.

6. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

i can't draw **** (i just need to practice some more) but your pictures are great wish i can draw like u.

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

adsflkjahsdfjh
    <333333

I can understand the lack of inspiration (hell, I get it all the time) and the lack of faith in your own ability, but whatever you may think about these, they are some of the best stuff I've seen, from you or anyone else. I especially love Tooth Fairy and Baby Tooth because Rise of the Guardians is just <3

Honestly, people would kill for your talent and for artist's block, these are quite beautiful.
    Why are you so goooooood???

8. Doukuro Chaser

If a style is what you want, then rest assured. Every time I see a picture from you I know it immediately, since you do have a defined style. But that isn't what's important. Styles change as the artist does so don't feel as if it needs to be fixed, like it has to be a certain way. So it shouldn't even be worried about, it normally just happens anyway.

And I've seen you improve over these years, getting better and better each time you post something. Simply amazing process and results. So if you do stick with art then well I'm sure you'll be fine. And if not then well it can always remain a hobby or something of sorts.

As for these, they're simply wonderful c:

Either way good luck, hope you find your way.

9. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Ahhh thanks so much Llave, that means a lot!!
    And heh, that was my intention *awful sinister laughter*
    Aw, please don't be! But thanks so much AHHH u /// u
    I like the second one most too lol /shot/ I don't know I like faces. But wow, thanks so much!! You're so sweet!
    AHHH THANKS SO MUCH CHIE YOU TALENTED BEING YOU
    No really, wow, thanks so much!

Hehe, yeah, eyes are my favourite but their balance is always so tricky!! But hey, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED BRO.
    oh dear, don't say that! (really don't, friendly words heheh) Thanks! But yes, practice is awesome!!
    OH GOD. CAT. COME HERE AND LET ME JUST LOVE YOU PLEASE
    You really made me feel really happy, good heavens, thank you! Plus I just watched Vincent and The Doctor and I had so many feels cause 1) the episode and 2) I've just been really lost with my art and confidence in it lately. AND THEN YOU SAY SUCH LOVELY THINGS. Ugh, really, thank you so so much. It means a ton. I LOVE YOU <33333
    I'm sounding awful repetitive, I'm sorry, Never was I too good with words - but snaps! What you said right there just makes me feel really happy. Really, thank you! I never really saw myself of being too different or cool or good or whatever compared to others.
    So, really, thank you so so much. Just wow, thank you ; u ; <3

10. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

LOL Dinny... it's the same for me. Love drawing eyes, but they're never balanced... -__-''