Gameboy Advance SP won't turn on

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Bond of Flame, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

I've just bought a multi-adapter so I can finally recharge my GBA again. But now it won't turn on anymore. Should I open it and have a look inside, or are there better solutions?

2. thecoder180 Hollow Bastion Committee

Have you actually CHARGED it? Yeah, sorry if that sounds like a stupid joke, I wasn't trying to be offensive.

Well, if you have a normal DS, NOT A DSi, you can play GBA games on it.

That's all I can think of. Sorry I'm not much of a help.

3. Smackdoodle McGiggles Hollow Bastion Committee

@thecoder180: its SP not DS read the thing before you respond

answering the question: ive noticed SP's have a lot of connection problems, and since its so old, it would be hard to get maintenance, id recommend charging it for 24 hours before turning it on, just since if it hasnt been on for a while it might need more charge in it

4. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

It might have benn charged to much and died...

5. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

No. First, check the actual battery... Open the back and if the battery is leaking, then charging won't do anything...

6. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

It may just be the battery. You could try getting another battery if that one stops working, like all things that are re-chargeable they have their limits.

7. Monica Reybrandte Banned

I can't believe no one has thught of this yet. Did you read your instruction boooklet on how many times the SP can be chgarged becuase once you go over that you have to get a new Charging battery. I think the maximum is 500times

8. Stardust Chaser

As batteries are repeatedly charged, especially when they're not completely dead, they get buildup in them which slowly takes up all the room in the battery that's normally reserved for the charge itself. The result? A battery that's completely useless. This happens to all batteries unless regularly discharged completely, which you need special equipment for (and possibly certain kinds of batteries -- I've only done discharges on NiCd and LiPoly batteries for remote control models). Long story short, the issue probably is that you need a replacement battery.

9. thecoder180 Hollow Bastion Committee

I KNOW it's an SP.

I was jus saying that if he had a DS also, he could play those SP games on the DS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.