For Older Forum Members Help Only..PLEASE! 15+ (FYI its nothing dirty)

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Noise, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noise For Love and Justice

ok....so...just saying i dont wanna get in trouble by any mods...so i figured id put a age limit so i wont get yelled at

ok....so i need help/advice with

coming out to my parents

i have a boyfriend however he lives in Cali...i do not sad :'(
    i have been telling more and more friends about me and they seem not to care

i dont want to be hated by my parents there not super UBER religious but they might get mad...

help...

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

oh dear.

you want to come out....as in of the closet?

first of all remember that here at KHV we will never discriminate you

so youve told your friends ?, and they are allright with it?

but since your parents are UBER religious, that might be a problem

but they are your parents, what do you think they would do , if they found out

disown you?

you have to think about this....long and hard

3. Noise For Love and Justice

i ment not uber religious but thanks for the advice

it really means alot <3

4. Repliku Chaser

I can understand why you put the age limit. You didn't really need to and I wouldn't have banned it. ^_^ So no worries.

So, is the boyfriend someone you talk to over the internet? Most friends probably won't really care so the hard part of course comes down to telling your parents.

One good thing you mention is that they are not super religious, so that is a plus. However, it still may come as a shock to them. I think you should tell them of your situation in a very calm area and time when all of you can have time to be sincere. When not a lot of other tensions are happening, that's when it is best to do. Realize then that they will be probably in shock and may even say some stupid things, but then try to keep communication open with them after that. Try to let them know that you still love them and their opinions do matter to you but you are also you and so you want them to accept you for that too and it doesn't change much. Show them you are still your same old dependable self if you can. If you aren't so dependable...well try helping them out a bit more and keep communication open.

They may be upset for a bit but if you keep those communication channels open they will see that you are mature and well, love you still for who you are. They may not understand it but also exploring through things together may help all of you get a better grasp of what is going on. I know this is very tense for you and I hope things go well for you. Keep us posted if you need anymore help.

5. Chevalier Crystal Princess

yeah,

try to get on your parents good side first.

trying to find the perfect moment may be a bit hard

or maybe you already told them?

6. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

As basically everyone here has already said, we will never discriminate against you.

As for your parents, neither will they. They're your parents and they'll love you no matter what. Not to mention there's nothing wrong with being gay, it's perfectly natural. They won't look at you any differently just because you're gay.

7. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

It is a question that I have thought of too, i've never said that I am actually Bi to any but 3 people in reeal life, they seem fine. Telling my parents is tough, I think my mom might not REALLY care, but my dad, idon't know, he is very quite and doesn't talk much, telling him I am Bi could push him over the edge and not speak to me, and my mom would eventually tell him so it's no point in talking to either.

My advice is, don't tell them untill you feel your in a serious relationship with someone, and if you have to tell one parent tell it to the one you believe will accept it the most and is secretive.
    Good luck and I hope it goes well, you'd be more courageous than me if you did.

8. Noise For Love and Justice

i love u all soo soo sooooo!!! much

u all made my day

:D

9. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Alright. I have to say first I have no expireince in this. But heres my sort of idea behind this matter. Your parents will love you no matter what right? Im not saying that you just go rush into the room and tell them "hey! im-" Im saying that when you feel the time is right, you tell 'em. Sure, im not going to sugar coat it and say they wont feel differently about you, or see you in a different way, and I definately wont tell you "it wont hurt." I dont know your parents but just make sure you tell them the truth sometime. Keeping it in forever is only going to haunt you. I hope I havent been rambling...you dont have to take my advice, but do keep in mind not doing anything will only make it worse.[/B]

10. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Hey I know I said i'm Bi but you have a boyfriend, and I like someone else! XD

We all just hope you make a descision you won't regret. Remember, we only give advice, you do not have to listen to any of it.

11. Chevalier Crystal Princess

glad we could help you out.

in my opinion, i think you should opt for telling them, if youre in a very(VERY) serious relashionship.

but, hope it all works out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.