Nintendo Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing games announced for smartphones

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Apr 27, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

Hot off of the success of their first mobile app, Miitomo, Nintendo announced at today's investor meeting that two new smartphone games would launch this fall: one for Fire Emblem, and one for Animal Crossing. Quoth Nintendo's press release:

They also make sure to stress that these will definitely be games, as opposed to Miitomo's social network, and promise more information as the releases draw nearer.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. Shuhbooty moon child

Honestly, I was awake when they announced this on twitter. And tumblr is blown up- as for it being a "full length game" I'm really skeptical. I hope it's not like the AC games they have now, but more along the lines of like 'Pokemon Shuffle' or a simple gathering. (I guess along the lines of ACFest).

And for Fire Emblem, I honestly can't imagine how they would make it for mobile. If it was a merg with miitomo, that would be super funny.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

With today's announcement of Super Mario Run comes the unfortunate additional announcement that the Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem games have been pushed back to release after Super Mario Run's December release. The games are still planned to release before March 31, 2017, the end of Nintendo's fiscal year.

source

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Fire Emblem game was fully revealed today as Fire Emblem Heroes, which will release on Android on February 2 (with pre-registration opening tomorrow) and on iOS later. Heroes is a new game with new characters and a new story, but will also feature characters from previous (and future!) games through the player character's summoning abilities. Battles will take place on an 8x6 grid with your party of four units at a time, and you can drag and drop units to their destinations or just tap where you want them to go. In addition to the game's story mode, there will be an online competition arena, special event maps, and training maps to grind your units.

You can check out the official site here and vote once a day for which Fire Emblem characters you want to appear in a special outfit in the game until January 31.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Due to Super Mario Run releasing for Android in March, the Animal Crossing mobile game has been delayed to sometime within Nintendo's next fiscal year (April 2017-March 2018).

source