Favorite One Piece Character?

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by ReverofEnola, May 9, 2014.

1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Simple question. Who is your favorite character from One Piece anime or manga?
    [​IMG]

2. Mysty Unknown

Man this one is tough since there is just such a wide arrange of characters.

Most attractive: Vivi
    Most badass: Zoro
    Overall favorite: Luffy

This is probably the only mainstream anime where I actually really really like the main character all around. I'm not much a fan of Ichigo from Bleach, I cant really stand Naruto himself, and there are just so many better characters in DBZ than Goku. Luffy however makes me laugh, makes me cry, has a really good code that he actually honors 100% of the time and I admire that.

3. Glen Returned from the dead

Gotta be Zoro, hands down. His fighting style, his personality, he's just goddamn awesome and I love it. Easily one of my favourite anime characters altogether!

4. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

Usopp.

Honorable mentions to Luffy, Nami, Robin, Shanks, and Ivankov.

5. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

luffy with that pirate king life; sanji a badass too.

6. Ghost King's Apprentice

Noooo! I love them all!
    But my top ones are Chopper, Franky and Brooke. Recently, I'm beginning to like Bartolomeo (it's spelled different ways so I don't know)
    I'ts so hard to just pick one. Because I still like Buggy and Caesar Clown.

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

Luffy for me. Ace, Zoro and Sanji are also up there with him.

8. 61 No. B

Man this is tough.
    It's hard to say and my answer is going to come down really indecisively.
    Maybe once I'm fully caught up I would be able to give a better answer. Oh well. Maybe I'll come back and post again once I have.

and i guess be mindful of spoilers.

Well first off my favorite Strawhat is Nami.
    She's easily the most useful of them all and I find it both hilarious and sickening that there are people out there who hold to the "she's so useless" criticism that so many leading female characters fall under unfairly. While she's not the strongest of the group, she's no pushover either. She's held her own consistently since early in the series. She was one of the main fighters in Alabasta, and while she did take a back-seat in Sky Island (occasionally becoming a somewhat more "typical" female character, what with getting kidnapped and all), she came back in Enies lobby as yet again one of the main fighters, even taking down a member of CP9. So if that's all that mattered I would stop here. Clearly she's already earned her "I'm not useless" badge, but fighting is not her most important aspect. If anything it's icing. Her navigation skills are absolutely integral to everything that happens, and are her best trait. Without her the Strawhats would not be able to go anywhere, and they would not have been able to get out of all those tight situations they constantly find themselves in. She makes this all possible, without her the Strawhats would be all but immobile. And don't forget the Arlong Park arc.
    My biggest complaint is that after Arlong Park her obsession with money makese no sense. Her entire motivation for wanting money was to buy her town back, so once her town is set free, her obsession makes no sense. I wish that would have been dropped altogether because not only does it make no sense, it's a little annoying at times.

After that it's hard to tell who my favorites are. While I like Nami a lot, and while she is my favorite Strawhat, I hesitate to call her my favorite in the series because of just how many characters there are.

Aside from Nami, my other favorite Strawhats are (in no particular order) Zoro, Luffy, and Usopp.
    I also really like Brook (obviously). He's hilarious.
    I like Ivankov. He's great. And after Impel Down I really like Mr. 2 as well.
    Magellan is pretty sweet too. In fact that whole arc is littered with entertaining characters. okay the whole series is but still

Though my favorite villains in the series (at this point) are Kaku and Blackbeard.
    I love Kaku. If there were ever a character who I wished didn't have to be a bad guy, it's him.
    Only recently have I come to care at all about Blackbeard. I can't quite articulate why, but there's something... awesome... about him, and I can't wait to see what he's up to (please don't spoil it for me lol).

So if I had to give a solid answer I would say Nami, Kaku, and Blackbeard. In that order. Though this could all change once I've caught up, and I may look back at this even tomorrow and not agree, there are just so many characters that it's hard to say.