Favorite Naruto Character

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Mysty, May 14, 2014.

1. Mysty Unknown

So Naruto is about over. The manga has only a few more chapters to go and as such its come to the point where we almost know everything about the characters to share who we love, who we hate, and all that jazz. As such, what is your favorite character?

Mine is probably Madara Uchiha. After reading the manga and coming to understand his past and his desires, I really love his character. Sure he is a bad guy and everything, but he is a damn good bad guy. His abilities are pretty badass too and the more I read I am just concerned to how the hell he can be beaten? Anyway, Madara OP favorite character. Done.

2. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Neji is my favorite.

3. Glen Returned from the dead

I'm going to say Sasuke Uchiha. I like the attacks he uses and his fighting style, and his sharingan makes things rather interesting too.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

Gara. More because his back story. Makes you feel bad for him. He might come off as bad there are some reasons.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

Kakashi all the way. He's one of the few characters that my opinion of never changed

6. Plums Wakanda Forever

YOOOOOOOO I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER WEIGHTED IN ON THIS THREAD

There's a lot of characters I like a lot, and characters I just can't stand. If I had to narrow down a single favorite character, I'd have to pick Naruto.

He's dumb, he's rash, he's childish...but he's also so good. His intentions are so good. During the early stages of Part I, I had found Naruto to be pretty annoying. While I could sympathize with his orphan backstory, he was so goofy all the time I couldn't stand it. However, after seeing him engage with Haku, with Neji, with Gaara especially, his determination and unwillingness to give up on his allies and his dreams really shined through. I started to feel proud of his achievements -- him mastering the Rasengan, him challenging Tsunade's ideology about Konoha & what it means to be Hokage (their relationship is one of my favorites in the series), and his willingness to sacrifice his own happiness for the sake of his friends.

What really made Naruto shoot to the top for me was his growth during the Pain and the Control the Nine Tails arcs. Pain was SO ESSENTIAL to the Naruto we're reading today. Naruto's ideas were mercifully challenged; he had to think about WHY the village was important, WHAT is hatred, HOW do you stop hatred in a system built to constantly perpetuate it. Jiraiya's death here was also really big for him. The closest thing Naruto knew to a parental figure was taken, and he (rightfully) wanted revenge, wanted to, in a twist of cruel irony, be a part of the cycle of hatred that he tried to stand against. But from this and from showing Nagato mercy, Naruto opened a new path of hope not only for himself, but for everyone in the ninja system -- he learned that hatred was not something that only Konoha faced, but was something that it's instilled in other people, and that it's something everyone suffered under so long as the current societal structure remains in place.

These arcs were also important to Naruto developing confidence in himself! So much of the shonen speeches and posing he did in the past, all of it was just a front to try and convince himself otherwise. Much like the rest of Team 7, Naruto thinks so poorly of himself deep down and that is what Kurama (back when he was still a huge ******) relied on to corrupt Nar. But from meeting Minato and Kushina, learning that his parents loved, cared for, and believed in him so much even in death, Naruto was able to find the strength within himself to actually believe in himself and the things he wanted to do. He began to accept that, yes, his past is tragic and that he has lost so much along the way, but it's within his power to change all of that and he can be, and is, the hero he wants everyone to see him as.

He is an actual sunshine child and if he gets killed before the series is over I will be at Kishimoto's door with a headband and a boombox playing all the sad tracks in the show.

I have other favorites and I will probably talk about them later, but yeah lol.

7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Holy shet I know right?

Okay this is going to be a tad bit difficult, because oddly enough a lot of the characters I really like from a development standpoint are bad guys.

Gonna start listing some off and then explain why in paragraphs or just random sentences, also spoilers so yeah if you aren't caught up don't read this.

• Nagato
    • Kisame
    • Sasori
    • Zetsu

Nagato: A lot of people are going to be super asshurt about me calling him a bad guy, but like it or not what he did was pretty f'd up. It does help his case that he revived people after destroying the village / the people inside of it. However with all of this in mind, I think he had everything you need for a likable bad guy. He killed Jiraiya....I ****ing loved Jiraiya, but by doing this it showed us that in his current state of mind (before naruto used the "Talk no Jutsu") he was willing to do anything, and I mean ANYTHING to achieve his goals. I respect that, even in a bad guy. Now let's take a look at his overall fighting style. To me this just gives us a sneak peek at how wrecked the world is going to be if people get two Rinnegan ESPECIALLY if they are originally theirs. At that point it is just game over. It just really sucks that the big fight with Naruto vs Pein had close to zero animation quality. Manga ftw.

Kisame: There isn't much to say about this guy other than the things we have seen in flashbacks. How he got the sword, how he killed his comrades, etc. None of that is exactly special in a bad guy. However the amount of power this man has and not to mention a stupid amount of endurance as well. That is something to be feared. The ace in the hole is when Samehada picked Killer Bee over him. Without that, he is weakened but even then he is a powerhouse. It took almost all Guy's strength just to capture him, and even then he took his own life just to protect the intel his body/mind had. That is what makes me respect him.

Sasori: The Sasori fight was easily one of the best in the entire anime in my opinion. What happens during and after are just pure gold in terms of action and story line (except for those BS copycat filler fights where team Guy had to "fight themselves" and "be stronger than we were yesterday!!!!111one"). He is clearly one ****ed up individual and unfortunately he shares the same fate that Zabuza had. Being the first bad guy in this particular series and any for that matter is almost always a win for the good guys, so you don't really see what his true strength may be. I mean in the end of the fight his Grandmother even said that he backed off last minute and took the hits on purpose. Maybe he wanted to die because he realized that all the **** he did was wrong, or hell maybe he just knew he was beat and there wasn't really much left for him to live for. Regardless it hit me deep and I loved every minute of it. Plus his theme, holy fak it hits me in the feels so hard you couldn't even imagine.

Zetsu: This guy / These guys / Those plants.....are freaking hilarious in both the manga and the anime, I personally love these two for what they bring to the table. Intel up the wazoo, smarts, and comedy. What else do you want from a bad guy? Strength?.....shiz he could potentially have that too if he is really able to take over people's bodies. I am even convinced that to this day (since some people think that Black Zetsu is pure evil) that he is able to take over Madara if he gets the chance and back stabs him because why not, why be loyal to someone like that anyways. If it is possible, I think it could happen. I know there is debate about Black Zetsu being Madara's "will", but still I think it would be a cool plot twist. We could use one especially since we are in the last Arc of the manga (according to some sources).

My list could go on and on, but I don't really want to type out every character.

Although I will say this, Sasuke is a bit overhyped by the fanbase. Just had to add in my $0.02

8. 61 No. B

It's been a long time since I've read Naruto so if I read through it again I'm not sure this list would be anything like this.

in no particular order

Shikamaru
    Sakura
    Orochimaru
    Itachi
    Sasuke

Lately I've started to like Sasuke. I don't know why. I always thought his arc was typical and I did not care, but with recent developments I've started to think otherwise and really like him

9. Jin うごかないで

Itachi. I've explained this already tons of times before as well so most of you should know why I absolutely love him as my #1 anime character as well as naruto so yeah xD