Traditional Art Fan-Art Collab and WIPs

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Sketchy, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Sketchy Moogle Assistant

Here I am going to post all of my KH Art and WIPs (Work in Progress).
    I will update regularily as long as I have the time to make new ones.
    I will NOT be posting anything that I would think of as "below-par", every completed image you see here will be a project that I have spent hours/days working on.

Please feel free to leave feed back or constructive criticism.

ENJOY!

1. WIP.
    Back-story for this character: He used to be a slave of darkness, but now he has freed himself from it's clutches; but at a price. He now carries an unbreakable metallic seal apon his chest, directly over his heart. Attached to this seal is a very long set of chains. His mind is free of the darkness, but his body is not. He is completely incapable of using the power of light. Though his powers are dark, he now uses them with good intentions. His primary weapon is the large chains attached to his body (in this WIP, I haven't added the chains yet) which can extend and contract at his will and also have the unique ability to be set a-blaze.
    click here for FULL SIZED version
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Planned Projects: (in no particular order)
    1. Beast as a Nobody
    2. Custom Keyblade
    3. Sora and Riku clash
    4. Phil as a Heartless
    5. Sora and Pooh, Piggyback ride

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

~Moved to traditional art. Everything you've drawn from scratch goes in the traditional art subsection, all graphically produced images such as signatures and avatars go in the main graphic art section.

Apart from that, this is really good. Your shading is really good and your imagination is very good. I like his back story. You have proportions spot on and the shading is spot on. It'll be good to see it completely finishes (with chains and coloured trousers). Very good keep it up!

3. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

oooh pretty awesome!!

the proportions are really well done! do you use a tablet? maybe a bit of highlight on the vest? i would imagine it as leather, or something like that, so a tiny bit shiny would add more depth to it.
    umm.... -__- i'm not too sure about his legs... it seems a bit weird. even though his legs are together, it wouldn't be glued together like that. how should i say this...? not too sure, but too me it looks really stiff and static. maybe make him stand with his legs a bit apart, so there's a sense of sturdy-ness?
    I'm sorry if you don't understand this... m(.___.)m

4. Sketchy Moogle Assistant

Yes I use a tablet, and the vest isn't completed yet :p
    And the legs being together will make sense when it's done. He will be more-or-less floating instead of standing.

Thank you both for the feedback!

Updated. Torso highlights + finished pants.
    This would be done by now but I caught the flu, hard to be creative with a constant fever D: