Fall Out Boy

Discussion in 'Music' started by Finn the Human, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Finn the Human Traverse Town Homebody

So I know they've been on hiatus since '09, but I love them. I love every album they've done, including Folie a Deux. I don't know why so many people hate that one, but I love how much they change between every album, it really shows that they expand as musicians.

However, I'm not a Pete Wentz fan. His lyrics are mediocre at best, give or take a few songs. I do think Infinity on High was written well, but From Under the Cork Tree? Folie a Deux? Not so much. Patrick is the reason I love FOB so much. He could sing the ingredients on the back of a Cheez-It box and I would still listen. I think his voice is amazing.

Don't think I'm not giving credit to Andy and Joe, I just don't really know much about them, oops.

2. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    You know why I hate them? The one string basslines, the utterly forgettable guitar riffs and drumming, the horribly stereotypical and generic emo vocals, the god awful lyrics that consist of almost nothing but bad puns and, last and least because the band can't help it, the crazy section of their fanbase that thinks they're gods of music.

Also, the Pete Wentz signature Squire P-Bass is one of the worst instruments that Fender has ever put out.

3. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

No one thinks they're gods, most people just don't care for good musicianship, only good songwriting, that's where FOB succeeds they created songs that anybody really can enjoy. With music it's not always about how amazing at your instrument you are as how great you are at composing a song. A lot of great musicians will never be heard because of this. They think they can just arpeggio, sweep, and use alot of polyrhythms and people will love it. Only thing is if you want to make music and be able to survive off of it you have to realize not everyone who listens to music is a musician so not everyone will enjoy a lot of show offiness. If you can put technicality and song writing together and not skimp on the song writing then you're probably System Of A Down or Rush or Led Zeppelin.

4. Daxa~ #stalker

I had heard of them,but never really listened to them at all.
    Then they were a support act for another band I went to see,and I must say that they were rather good live.
    Not super amazing,but they got the crowd going.
    I guess they sound grand,but I would not be in super love with them.
    That being said,they are quite a bit better than some other bands around.

5. Finn the Human Traverse Town Homebody

I hate FOB's lyrics, Pete Wentz thinks he's the **** when clearly he's not, but I think Patrick is an amazing vocalist. The only reason FOB is any good is because of Patrick, but I like their music, it's fun to sing, and Patrick Stump does an amazing job with their songs. He's even doing well on his own, and can actually play instruments well on his own as well. I saw them live, loved them, and well, they're funny. I think they're great, despite their many faults, and the fanbase doesn't actually bother me that much since they're too busy harassing the band members to harass other people about not listing to FOB.

6. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

Also [video=youtube;dWJ-Oluf3Ww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWJ-Oluf3Ww[/video]

the guitarist and drummer for this band are andy and joe

[video=youtube;jfkziGaetZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfkziGaetZE&feature=related[/video]

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

BUMP!

Due to the release of their new album "American Psycho/American beauty" I thought I'd ask what other's opinions of it were? I absolutely love it and can't get enough of it really. It it blatantly FOB but also different from their previous stuff which is what I love, they thrive on variety and I just love it. I don't know why I love it so much, some of the songs aren't as good as the others but that just comes with being in an album. Anyone else heard it?

The songs "American Psycho american beauty" and "Uma Therman" have got to be my favourites plus "Immortals" is in Big Hero 6 which comes out this week : D This album just makes me very happy.

8. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I listened to part of this album the other day, and so far I'm loving it. My favorite so far is "Twin skeletons", and "irresistible"