English Version of Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is 1GB Larger Than Japanese

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Heart ❤, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

According to screenshots taken by KH13, it seems that there may be differences between the English and Japanese versions of Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

As seen in these pictures, the English version is more than 1GB more than the Japanese version of the game.

What do you guys think this means? Could we have an option for both English and Japanese audio? Maybe a special scene? Let us know what you guys think down below!

And of course, when we know what this extra GB of data is, we'll be sure to let y'all know!~

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Heart ❤, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Explode
      Explode
      They're releasing so close together, I doubt there'd be Japanese audio in the English version, and not the other way around too.

The only thing I can think of that could be that size is a Day 1 patch being included in the initial file size for the international version. Ultimately, both versions would be roughly the same size, but the Japanese version wouldn't technically launch with that patch.

That's what I hope at least. I would hate for the international version to be bloated with extra stuff that could cause it to run slower. That happened with 2.5, where the English text was slapped over the Japanese, so there was extra data, which some theorized caused temporary freezing and possibly slightly longer load times. Don't want to freak people out though, I think it's just the patch. Text data shouldn't make a full 1GB difference.
      Last edited: Jan 7, 2017