End of the World tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hissora, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hissora ahurhurhur.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. If it has, feel free to delete.

A 23% chance that the world will end tomorrow?
    Well maybe not. The Large Hadron Collider is supposed to shoot two atoms at each other and shatter each other, which could discover more about the earth. But there is a 23% chance that black holes will form. Some say they will last for only a fraction of a second and not cause any damage. But some say they will stay open longer and destroy the world. Tomorrow at 9 A.M they will start a test run with only 1/5 of the power to see if it is working right, and they will start it full power sometime this weekend, but it will take a few weeks for the machine to reach full power. So I doubt that with 1/5 of the power it could create black holes, so we are good until the weekend, when they start it full power, here is a link about it.
    http://www. nbc5i. com/news/17429097/detail. html?dl=mainclick

Honestly, I don't really believe this. But hey, you never know.

Discuss.

2. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

It is a 1 in 50 million chance that black holes will be created (admittedly, there is more chance of them being created than winning the lottery xD).

They know that black holes are going to be created. However, these are micro black holes. This meaning that they will collapse under their own weight (of not evaporate first) and last for far less than a second.

Seriously, all of this scare-mongering is silly and pathetic. A small group of people with nothing better to do.

And even if it does end at least it will make life more interesting.

3. Repliku Chaser

This has already been brought up before and the chances of bad things happening are really not anywhere this high at all. The black holes that could be formed are so tiny and also the energy goes back in on itself to disperse/cause them to collapse them. Please guys, do a google search and read up on the science of this. People that are saying this stuff are over-exaggerating and there really is nothing to worry about. We're not going to be sucked into a black hole or anything like that. There are always idiots out there who have no knowledge on what they are talking about that try to raise fears in others and some people also have fun with making others panic because they won't go look up information themselves and take the words of anyone when it comes to doom and dread. We'll still be here tomorrow.

4. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Honestly, the parcticle they are shooting up will not be enough to create the apocolypse. It just isn't logical, seeing as it will only be a fifth of the power of a black hole.

At the most, it will be an unstable disturbance in the spacial rift that will collapse in a few seconds. I wouldn't be too scared.​

5. Inasuma "pumpkin"

www.wikipedia.org Do your research, kids. <:

There is not a 23% chance of the world ending tomorrow. It's more like, less than a tenth of a percent. Now, the LHC also won't be shooting atoms, either. They'll be shooting protons at extremely high speeds.

Hopefully some awesome stuff will happen. If in fact the world DOES end, I would be the first and foremost in agreeing with anyone (or if I say it first) that the human race was a complete failure. kthx

6. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

If the world were to end tomorrow, it would end on International Free Hugs Day, which is what day I would choose if I got to. That would be the best way to go, halfway through a hug.

7. Noise For Love and Justice

its not going to end

because i said so

:3

honestly it will end when (dont flame me xD) god says,

and i beilive that day is far off..i hope

8. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Bottom line. It's not gonna happen. The odds of a black hole being made that's even remotely powerful enough to affect anything and not collapse on itself in a nanosecond are incalculably low, and the odds of one escaping from the Collider are even lower.

9. Noise For Love and Justice

didnt they do this experiment like a few months ago?

and i saw a video and one of the scientist was talking and say theres no chance of any blackholes

10. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

It's actually expected to make black holes, but micro black holes, which are microscopic as you would guess. They collapse upon themselves within a nanosecond.

Also realize that the man saying this is a bad experiment is a botanist with a minor in physics, while the group carrying out this experiment is composed of prestigious physicists.

11. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

The end of the world is unpredictable, it could happen in a couple minutes. You never know...

12. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

If it ends, it ends. Though I doubt it like most of the people here.

But if it does somehow, then it's been fun.

13. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

The world will not end tommorow. the black holes will be incredibly tiny (if they even form at all) and will only last for a short period of time. So I wouldn't worry

14. Ampex Gummi Ship Junkie

sounds lovely. just lovely.

Why the hell are they doing this again?

15. Ampex Gummi Ship Junkie

By using a black hole!?

I sence know logic here.

Although, out of context, I could use a couple million dollars....

16. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

They're trying to reenact the moments after the Big Bang.

17. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh, I was told that they we're trying to learn more about the Earth but whatever, it's still dumb imo.

18. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

It really isn't. This research can tell us a lot about the origins of the universe and might also show us a few of new things about physics we didn't know before.

19. Virtuoso Gummi Ship Junkie

I have heard of this today. From what I heard, the scientists or w/e is doing it is trying to recreate the Big Bang.however, they actually succeeded.

20. Doukuro Chaser

If it was dangerous the sciencists wouldn't do it.

Just how many times did people said the world is going to end anyway? And we're still here, right?

Besides, if it did end then there's nothing to fear. We would be dead.

And yes, they might create another big bang.

I also heard that it's not at full power yet and won't be until sometime this fall, but particles had already startd to collid with each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.