Eclipse and TBK battle votng

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Cody, May 8, 2007.

1. Cody Chaser

The entrys:
    TBK:
    [​IMG]
    Eclipse:
    [​IMG]

You must have at least 4 months of gfx ( seriously commited to it) knowledge to vote.
    And a mod can close the other thread.

2. C4E Traverse Town Homebody

Well, I can't honestly say I really like either of them.

Despite that, I'm going to give my vote to TBK.

TBK, you could use one or two analogous colors in there to spice it up just a little bit and you really overdid that negative space on either side.

Eclipse, your tag was very monotone and the bars you put in there really dominated a majority of the canvas. I would remove the vertical bars and the text and give that background some nice depth.

3. Inasuma "pumpkin"

TBK GMV.

Like C4E, I don't really like either a lot.

TBK, you could add some other colors into this piece. Like light blue or dark blue for shadows. Your negative space looks very, very slapped on and not really thought out. And overall your effects are messy. Though I like your piece for a few reasons, one is the text and stock. Those are awesome. You blended them well--and the other is your depth, Especially on the left side by your stock. Good job. And also, can I get that stock?

Eclipse, overall I didn't like this tag. Other colors could be added like purples and blues and reds. It's monotonous look + lack of depth really drag this piece down. Blur tool + dodge/burn would work wonders here. I rather don't like the clippings either. They add to the flatness in a way, and dominate a good majority of the tag, especially on the right side. And the cinema borders are rather big and unneeded, IMO, not to mention imbalanced (one is thicker than the other). I do, though, like your text and lighting. Good job on those.

Good job both of you. =]

4. Cody Chaser

Burried
    Under
    Many