Eating Disorder...?

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by HellKitten, Oct 8, 2008.

1. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

All right, I have this problem and I'm starting to wonder if this is going to ruin any more of my life. So, here I go,

Whenever I eat around somebody I always get nervous, I don't know why but I do. Or like, for example, the other day my
    teacher asked me to have lunch with her and I didn't go because I KNEW I would be too afraid to eat.

Anyone have a clue of how to help me?

2. Rosey Chaser

Is it just around people? Or are you scared of food itself?

3. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

Just around people. I have no fear or food and food does not fear me.

4. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

Just out of curiosity...

Why did the teacher ask you to have lunch with him/her?

5. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

She intimidates me. My dad talked to her about it, one I started eighth grade with her I was becoming more territorial and I tiny bit more aggressive. So, she basically wanted to talk about why I was intimidated by her, but thats a different topic.

6. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It's a nervous habit. You can get the same results from something like having an interest in a guy/girl.

Except in your case it isn't out of infatuation, it's out of an intimidating vibe.

I have one question: can you eat normally when you aren't by the teacher? If it is simply around that person, then this is most likely the person makes you feel uncomfortable (as you stated) and therefore makes eating difficult. It isn't a disorder, I don't think.

7. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Do you think you are being judged on the way you eat?

8. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

Yes.

Venus-> I think it's probably a nervous habit I have then. I can eat around friends as long as
    I know them pretty well.

9. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Hmm, I used to have a friend who was the same, she didn't like having people around her when she was eating because she thought they would laugh if she made a mess.

I don't think you have an eating disorder. Lately from some of the things me and you have discussed you have been very nervous a lot. I think that this is a manifestation of those nerves and feelings.

Have you told anyone? Also, can you eat around your family? You said you can eat around your friends.

10. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

Yes. I can eat around my family. Some family members I don't enjoy eating around. I only really trust my dad, mom, and my step-mother.
    I've mentioned this to my dad, but he didn't really say anything. He changed the subject instead.

11. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Hmm what about your mother?

I hope you don't mind me asking but you see a therapist don't you? Maybe you could discuss nervous habits etc with them to try to get to the bottom of it.

Are you eating enough currently at least? As in is this affecting your diet?

12. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

My mother is very nice. I was actually happy to be eating with her. Yes. I have told her. She didn't say much about it however. And yes, I am eating right.I eat four-five times a day.

13. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Ok, well I think at the moment as long as you are eating right and still getting enough nutrients and vitamins you aren't actually harming yourself or your body.

I am tempted to put this down to a quirk, we all have little oddities that make us unique from everyone else, if you don't feel comfortable eating around people you don't like then you don't feel comfortable.

Instead of worrying about it and thinking there is something wrong with you, try accepting it. I for example can't drink anything (even water or tea) if I am at someone elses house for the first few times until I get more comfortable there, but I don't worry that it makes me weird, I accept it and move on.

Try doing the same :3

My main concern is that you still find your teacher intimidating.