Question Dude and Dudettes, I'm so confused xD

Discussion in 'Help' started by Jordier0xs0x, Feb 1, 2008.

  1. Jordier0xs0x King's Apprentice

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2007
    114
    467
    Okay so, I just got Gimp and Ive been playing around with It and making random signatures etc. And I was going to make this signature somebody put a Tut up for, except I need new brushes. Somebody said Deviantart Is a good place to get brushes, but what I want to know Is HOW you put them on Gimp?
    I looked on..Gimptalk, Is It? They put up a link 'n such but It didn't work, and I searched on Google but nothing said anything about It (You know how Google Is sometimes) So yeah, Help would be excellent, Thank you!
     
  2. ~.Only.Twilight.~ Merlin's Housekeeper

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2008
    Location:
    I live in Scotland! ^^
    4
    30
    I was also really confused about this till I found out how to do it, so this is what I do to install gimp brushes.​

    1. When you install the brushes, there useally in a Zip file. In that case, unzip the file into a folder.
    2. What you should have then is one or more files with either a .gbr or a .gih extension. They are the brush files. In order to use these in GIMP, they have to be moved somewhere where GIMP looks for brushes; the brushes folder.​
    3. On Windows that would be C:/program files/Gimp2.4/share/gimp/2.4/brushes
      if you have the Gimp 2.4 version but it should be roughly simalir with other version.​
    4. If you have a Unix/Linux system then I think it would be /home/*insert Name* /.gimp-2.4/brushes

      (*insect name is your name for that computer*) though I'm not a 100% sure.​
    5. Since I have Windows I open up the brushes folder and click and drag the brush files to that folder.​
    6. Then start Gimp (or restart if you have it on already) and you'll have new brushes to play with!​
    If that was really confusing than just message me and either try to make it more clearer or make a how-to-vid depends on how much time I've got.
    Enjoy! :) ​
     
  3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    The True North.
    390
    I dont even get how to make a signature!!! can someone help me? mine won't work!!!