Dream Drop Distance Dream Drop Distance Leaked Image Real or Fake?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by master-donald, Apr 11, 2011.

1. master-donald Traverse Town Homebody

Now i have found and image during one of my news hunt when i came across a thread from pspgwebber (i think thats what its called) were i found this image. Now the location of were this image came from is not known but is said to have either came from the websites 2ch or 2chan...but i could not find the image from any of the websites.
    This is the image-BTW the text says masters mark i believe

3cw.jpg

The image is actually a bit bigger i will post the link of the thread i got the image from once i find it =)

2. P Banned

If it came from 2chan, then you won't be able to find the original source. It's just an image board on which people often leak images and the like.

It looks authentic, I guess. Then again, it doesn't really tell us anything we don't know, so it probably doesn't really matter.

3. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Actually, it looks kinda fake to me, because they seem not to be standing on the ground...and the text looks like it's been put on there with Paint. But meh, it could be real...

4. Daxa~ #stalker

Hmm...it does look pretty real,but at the same time....the whole thing is a bit off,sorta like someone did it themselves?

5. Shift Chaser

No shadows for the models?
    Madness.

6. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

In the secret ending of recoded, it say's that sora and riku go to yet another world to take their mark of mastery test before xeahnort comes back.

7. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Real or not, it doesn't really matter. It doesn't show anything we already know.

8. Misty gimme kiss

It's nothing that couldn't have been done in Photoshop or by hacking (after all, all of those models & areas are in KHII, I dunno much about hacking but it doesn't seem like it'd be too extreme to just toss a few characters in a room together). I'd wait to see if there's anything official about it, but I wouldn't pay it much mind.

Still, pretty interesting. =]

9. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm guessing fake, on account of the lack of shadows.

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, the images of Sora, Riku, and Mickey look like they could've been ripped from KH2 easily, but since costume changes haven't been confirmed yet, it's hard to say if it's real or not.

If it is, then this is a great find since it shows that at least a part of 3D will involve present day Sora and Riku.

11. The Fuk? Dead

Just looks like a hack. Changing out the party members in Kingdom Hearts 2. I don't know if changing party members carries over to cutscenes, but that's what it looks like.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The only thing that would make me think it's fake would be the lack of shadows. Otherwise, it seems legit. At the beginning of KH2, Sora still had KH1 clothes. We don't know when he'll change into KH3D or KH1 clothes during the game, but I'd guess that he'll start out in his current clothes, as will Riku. We know that Mickey sent for Sora and Riku to participate in the exam under Yen Sid. So this looks like it'd be a legit image of Yen Sid and Mickey telling Sora and Riku what's up with the darkness and whatnot, shoooot.

13. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

does any know what the text says?

and could you you please post the source?

14. Sorox Merlin's Housekeeper

It's Japanese katakana that is supposed to mean "mark of mastery". It's roughly translated as "Master mark"

15. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

thanks now could you please post the source?

16. Mike Chaser

Seems interesting. I'm debating on posting this as an update.

17. Sorox Merlin's Housekeeper

So, affter going through this picture a few times, here's my verdict. There's a high chance it IS real. Why? Well, to my knowledge, there's no scene in any KH game out today that has a shot of yensid at that angle. Secondly, although some have called it fake because of the shadows, if you look at yensid, he doesn't have a shadow either. Could just be an early SC that didn't include Shadows, or maybe the 3ds isn't capable of casting shadows?
    SO, the 2 conclusions I can come to are:
    1: Someone got the model for Yensids house, rendered it at that angle, and Photoshopped all the characters in/placed the models there, but forgot shadows, then added katakana subs.
    2: It's a legitimate leaked screenshot from the game.

Edit: Then again, that book was only there when Sora had just entered yensids castle. Correct me if I'm wrong in that respect, but if the book is only there during KH2, then this could, IN FACT, be fake.

18. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

This is a good insight, I was inclinced to believe it was a fake due to the angle of Riku's fight just looking a bit off (and the shadows) but it is true you never see Yen Sid from that angle, I don't think anyway. However, I do think it is more likely to have been photoshopped after someone got hold of the model of the house.

Also, the book only appears when talking to Sora so that could be a fake but it is possible to be another book or something that tells the players about what has previously happened like it does in KH2.

19. Kayate King's Apprentice

I'm pretty sure it's real, as I've seen it before.
    I believe Yen Sid (Or Mickey) give Riku and Sora the Mark of Mastery there at Yen Sid's.

20. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

Just because you've seen it before doesn't make it real.