Question Drawing Tablet Help

Discussion in 'Help' started by Clawtooth, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I got a drawing tablet for christmas and I am not really sure how to best use it. I have tried drawing with it as I do with a pencil but It doesn't look nearly as good as my pencil drawings. What is the best way. I think that if I can get good at it then I could make my own sigs so please help. Thanks for reading ~#~Clawtooth35~#~

2. Cocohints "Up to now, the most discussed topic is global war

Ooo, congratulations on your tablet!

All you need is practice - play around with it to get used to it's touch sensibillity. I also think it's hard to draw lineart with tablet compared to a regular pencil, so most of my own stuff is still the original lineart. But the tablet is extremly useful when you are colouring, it is so much easier to create those flows with it than with a mouse. (in my opinion it is)

I don't make sigs (obviously), but I can definatly tell you that you have gotten a very usefull computer tool for art. :3 Feel free to show your tests, if you want to.

3. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

OK. Thanks coco and congrats on making Section Mod. You'll have a fan-club soon I shouldn't wonder. I will post some samples. I was thinking of making a font of my own handwriting but we'll see.

4. Cocohints "Up to now, the most discussed topic is global war

X3 Yeah right.

A font sounds like a smashing idea - a handwritten signature should be pretty awesome for your future signatures. :3 Just combine the tools you use like before, and you should get used to it with the tablet pen.

5. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I was serious about the fan club, section mods seem to be very popular. Look at CtR, I remember when she had about 200 posts before rep was invented and we could make our own Usertitles, and now look she has the highest rep in the whole FORUM XD

Anyway yea I think I will make a font I think I know how but I will need some tuts for the extention files etc but I think all I would need to do is make one neat version of every letter and symbol and then... IDK ^_^;

6. Misty gimme kiss

Moved.

To Graphics Tutorials/Help.

As for the problems you're having, find a support forum for the exact model you're using, or just a Tablet forum in general.