Traditional Art DRAWING CHARACTER ARTWORK FROM VIDEO GAMES THREAD (heh)

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Yozora, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Yozora Archer

Just a small introduction. You don't have to read this, but it's just a little something I'd like to say:
    Alright guys, sorry for the lame title but it's all I could come up with, but anyway, I've been ticked off at myself. Im bored one day with nothing to do, and what do I think of doing? Playing freaking Call of Duty. Instead of using up my time, on something worth spending, I waste it on a stupid video game. I've not been drawing lately, and I think my drawing skills are alright, but you know what? Im sick of playing video games when there's nothing to do. Two hours ago I had nothing to do and was about to head towards the gaming console, but screw that Im going to start drawing instead. If you read this, well....that's cool? Also, Im not a big gaming nerd or anything. I do other productive things, I just hate heading towards the Xbox EVERY TIME I've nothing else to do. I don't care if this sounds cheesy I love to draw.

I want to make this a thread where we, well, the title speaks for itself. Have a favourite video game? Do you like a specific character? Do you love the ****ing amazing character artwork that makes your eyes lustful for the artist's skill of the way he/she makes the character pose or the way he/she makes the clothing stand out? Well WHATEVER MAN, draw that ****ing character artwork and post it here.

Why?

Well it gives you something to do. Plus, you'll feel good when you finish. What's that, you think you're sucky? WHO GIVES A **** MAN JUST DO IT. You'll never get better by just saying "man I suck I should stop drawing." I don't fully disapprove low optimism for it can make you try harder, but just don't quit. Doing this can help you.

HOLY **** LOOK AT THAT WALL OF TEXT WELL TL;DR JUST DRAW VIDEO GAME CHARACTER ARTWORK YOU LIKE OR W/E I DON'T CARE AND POST IT HERE. If you love to draw, then you understand this thread. I hope.

Here's a Persona 4 drawing I did before making this thread. Just for looks. Link to what I drew it off of:
    http://static.zerochan.net/Kujikawa.Rise.full.1165297.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

First of all, that is a pretty nice drawing. Like I had to really look to find something wrong with that hands and shading is all legit. The splash of color in the scarf also looks pretty good.

But the main reason I'm replying is because I support this thread. It is a good thread and you are doing a good thing. I just hope that other people see it. So yeah. Everyone should be more like rat and post art in this thread.

Since I'd feel like a total ****** for not posting an image to go along with all this support I sketched up Holly Summers from NMH.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

RISETTE!!

I love your sketch. It looks so cool with Rise's hands out, as if she's reaching for you. Her yellow tie also adds a nice contrast to everything else that's left black and white. The only thing is her ponytails are slightly different in length. Just remember to keep them even! >__< Other than that, AWESOME!

4. Yozora Archer

I originally wanted this thread to be a copy/draw video game artwork. Heh I guess I wasn't clear enough. STUPID STUPID STUPID I just had to make this thread with no sleep.

BUT ANYWAY SCREW IT THIS IS A DRAW VIDEO GAME CHARACTER ARTWORK NOW. I'll edit my post with the original pic of Rise. I meant for the message to be copy artwork. BUT WHATEVER I LOVE A CHALLENGE I SHALL DO ORIGINAL VIDEO GAME CHARACTER ARTWORK......AFTER IM DONE DEALING WITH THIS COMPUTER DNSCHANGER THING THAT IS RUINING MY LIFE.

Thanks for contributing, Jiku.

5. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

Ack! Sorry >__< I'll post something soon then, to make up for my mistake....

6. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

This is great! I love the foreshortening of the hands, excellently done. When I have the time I'll dig out some of my Old Kingdom Hearts sketches and post them here :)

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Here's a terrible KH Drawing I did like 6 years ago;

[​IMG]

8. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

More No More Heroes. This time even rougher.

[​IMG]

9. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

10. Aqua's Sacrifice Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah so these are some of my drawings. Sorry about the attached thumbnails thing, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of them.

Kairi
    [​IMG]
    Luke Fon Fabre
    [​IMG]
    Kakashi
    [​IMG]
    Kratos
    [​IMG]
    Kairi
    [​IMG]
    Aqua
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Yozora Archer

Today I was doing nothing while watching TV, so I rose the courage to draw something lol.
    Sorry for the crappy quality

[​IMG]

(Honestly wanted to draw her cause I find her pose sexy)

Also, nice guys. I want this thread to be filled with DRAWINGS COME ON KEEP DRAWING AND **** ARGHHHHHH

12. Yozora Archer

Just an old picture cause why not

[​IMG]

13. Llave Superless Moderator

Working on a new character design. Rough copy, not finished with the colors.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Ah shoot forgot this is video game characters. Ok, well here's FFVIII lol.

[​IMG]

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Eh, what the hell. Might as well post this one crappy thing I drew once.

[​IMG]

15. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Is there a finished one of this? 'Cause it's looking sooooooo good c:

Also, Llave, you made me giggle x) I love both!
    And Cat ho ho I remember this cutie little piece~ <3

As to not spam, here is a very old piece...
    [​IMG]

KH3D drawings soon for sure oh ho ho . . .

16. Yozora Archer

No, sadly. That drawing went missing, along with another life portrait drawing that I put a lot of work into.... I think my mom sent them to my grandma's.

After seeing Cat's post of The World Ends With You I was inspired to do a drawing of Shiki.

[​IMG]

17. T A F F Y シ Hollow Bastion Committee

Was bored today ... came across this thread .. decided to try it out.
    It's unfinished so yeah.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Bumping because this thread deserves life~

[​IMG]

I've been on a Layton kick for the past week or so now and decided to try drawing the man in his full archaeological glory. And no fingers on the second sketch because I'm sick and didn't feel like trying to draw a proper hand again.

19. Yozora Archer

**** I forgot about this thread lol

Taffy that MC from P4 is off the ****ing shizzlefizzlemafizzledafizzlepizzle. But the collar. You do know the pattern is that of black and white stars right? Still it's sexeh I wish I had a program to do that. Oh wait I do it's called physical color pencils lol

Cat thanks for postin and giving life to this awesome thread. But you gotta draw them hands girl

Im gonna brb for a bit. Gonna bring a drawing but lost it.

Okay, here's the drawing. It's an older Fuuka from P3. Friend requested it.

[​IMG]

20. Madoka Merlin's Housekeeper

I saw this thread, and decided to post my quick drawing here. =D
    It's not finished, but I think it looks pretty good. :D

[​IMG]