Kingdom Hearts II Don't you find it strange how after almost 10 years

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Antidote, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Antidote Façade

we still don't know the real names/identities of four of the Organization XIII?

I know that Braig, Dilan, Even, Elaeus and Ienzo worked for Ansem prior to becoming Nobodies, and Lea & Isa were shown in BbS also, but what about the others? I just don't know how they have never mentioned who they were or how they joined.

Do you think it is something that will be addressed in KHIII?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  2. Explode Who?!

Four, actually. Xehanort and Sora are known. Honestly, I don't think it's that important, so it probably won't come up unless
    they're members of the true Organization, which is unlikely, since the remaining ones were, in order, considered weak, unimportant, and traitorous.

If they ever go back and make Birth by Sleep - Volume 2, maybe they'll make an appearance. But I think it's unlikely for KH3.

3. Antidote Façade

I know haha #sneakyedit :v I get that they may not be very important, but I think it's pretty bad just having them "there" with no further explanations or acknowledgement. I guess it would be good just to have closure. Names or a look at their true selves at least, instead of, "hey these four guys right here? Yeah we just threw them in to pad out the team. Just out of nowhere in particular. Yup."

4. Truly Mad Moves Destiny Islands Resident

It's Aeleus, in case you're interested in making another sneaky edit. On that subject, how did Elaeus become such a common misspelling? I know the American version of KHII missed the significance of the apprentices' names - giving us Bleig, Dilin, and Eleus, forcing us figure out for ourselves what their names were until BBS - but didn't the UK version spell them right? Or am I mistaken?

5. Antidote Façade

I have just always been terrible at spelling Aeleus's name... I actually didn't notice any misspellings in KHII- I had imported the NA version when it came out, too. Haven't played vanilla KHII in a long time so maybe my memory's just bad. No idea about the EU version.

6. Misty gimme kiss

When I think about it, I'm not terribly surprised that members like Larxene, Marluxia, Zexion, Vexen, and Lexeaus haven't had their previous selves explored more, since they were such significant characters in Chain of Memories. They've had their time to shine, is I guess the easiest way to put it, though I'd especially love to learn more about Larxene's real self. At the very least she could help beef up the series's awful male:female ratio (assuming gender is a constant when becoming a Nobody), and I've read some fairly interesting headcanons over the years about the link between Larxene's sadism and her original self.

That said, probably the member who has been most ignored, to me, is Luxord. We really don't know anything about his past self or his Nobody. He's in KH2 for all of three minutes and I don't think he really had much screentime in Days either. That naturally makes him a bit intriguing but obviously many of the members are overshadowed by the more significant and popular ones.

I do find it a bit weird though, definitely. Before it was released I hoped Days would go into the backstories of the Organization members some more but obviously that didn't happen, which isn't a shot at Days, but for a game that was advertised as being about the Organization, it still left a lot of mystery surrounding several members.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

I agree.

Although while he was defeated -- that much is certain -- did he actually die like the others?

8. Misty gimme kiss

I'm pretty sure he did. Obviously you don't formally battle him like the others, but after you win his game, a cutscene plays where Sora slices through his cards (and presumably, him), and he fades away.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yeah, thanks for clarifying, because that part always confused me. You can hear Luxord gasp, but I've never been able to tell if Sora actually got him.

10. T3F Chaser

Luxord was one of my favourite members of the organisation. I would really like to see his previous character and his nobody explored more. I can't remember his presence in CoM, and he wasn't really around that much in Days. It'd be nice to see who he connects with in the organisation, which would hopefully link to his past with those people.

I think this also applies to a large chunk of the organisation. We know the pasts of the first 8 odd members, and Roxas. That leaves us with Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene. It would be nice to see the pasts of all of these characters, despite larxene and Marluxia having such a great role in CoM. Hoe did they become nobodies? How did they get picked for the organisation? Did they join on their own? Maybe Demyx was a rockstar who started using drugs, and the darkness in his heart took over and he became a heartless-so he joined the organisation to get his heart back? :P It could work with Luxord and gambling, too...but that would become an extremely dark side to Kingdom Hearts.

Whatever the case, I really hope at one stage we do get to explore the past lives of those organisation members, as well as how the organisation formed (going deeper into that. We already know it was Xehanort/Xemnas/blah blah, but how did everyone end up coming together?) That's not really something we'll see in KH3, as I don't think it's as important as the final battle, but it would be nice to explore that anyway.

11. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Warning: There are a lot of hyperlinks

This might be off topic as I'm not technically talking about the four organization members( Larxene, Marluxia, Demyx, and Luxord) in respect to their potential story origins; because there's no real concrete information on that. What I'm talking about is more about their design choices. I choose to believe most of the organization members were based off of or inspired by FFVII Turk members...or perhaps some other FF. I'm talking about this from a Developers P.O.V, not story canon wise. The reason behind my way of thinking is that we all know Lea/Axel is obviously based off of Reno. Although the two don't sport the same weapons, they obviously have the same look; and while we're on the subject of weapon. <---A Shuriken that has a similar color scheme to Axel's chakrams.

When I saw this thread, I remembered having read a similar thread not to long ago where people were discussing the identity of Larxene, Marluxia, Demyx, and Luxord's identity when they were once a whole person. In one of the posts, someone pointed out a Turk member named Elena because of their similar appearance. After doing some quick digging, it turns out Larxene looks a lot more like Elena's sister, Gun; because they have same hair color, and same eye color. The weapon are once again not the same, but are implied to have similar effect (Both long ranged weapons). And get this, there's another Turk member who just happens to wield Larxene's weapon, Knife.

For Luxord, I could not find anything except for matching details. For Example: The Hair style matches Two Guns from FFVII. Perhaps he was an inspiration from the character Reeve as they both boast similar facial hair. Sadly, I couldn't find any examples for the weapon, but whatever. The way Luxord fights tells me he barely uses his cards as a weapon anyone. <----This one is really a long shot to be honest.

As for a real name, it could be Droul ~ Droul was a scottish pirate in about year 1600. Droul loved gambling and he won lots of games by cheating. He used cards, which had another card inside. Luxord was shown to be heavily involved in Port Royale world. (Credit goes to Yannif, whom Epif used as reference)

For Demyx, I honestly could not find anyone except for one which is a non FFVII character. From FFIV: Edward Chris Von Muir boasts similar, if not, identical characteristics to that of Demyx; both physical and personality. Also, what do you know! He's a bard!
    Also, Demyx's real name could be Dyme ~ Dyme was an ancient city in Greece. Hercules lover used to live there. Demyx is surprisingly showed first time in Olympus Coliseum. (Credit goes to Yannif, whom Epif used as reference)

Marluxia....hmmm...he's a mystery to me; although his real name could be Lumaria (A flower).

But whatever, just nonsense rambling and the whole magnifying glass looking for clues and researching shinanigans. :confused:

Reference: Epif whom is a member of KHinsider.