Don't understand myself

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Tyrant Valvatorez, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

So I want to get something out strait because this has just been on my chest. I don't understand myself, at all. What I mean by this is that I think I'm socially awkward, now I have a lot of friends that support me and I love them to death, hell I'm living with one currently. But lets say one day I go out with a group of friends, lets just say when they joke around and say something sarcastic, nothing to take offensively, I usually start getting confused and think they're serious, they than say that they where joking and we laugh it off at the end, repeat. Its odd, you think I would get use to this but I don't, I have no clue why. And than there's times online, lets say Facebook or hell even on here, now I know its stupid "what, its the internet! Why are you offended?" well let me tell you once again, I don't know. I know I shouldn't freak out because everyone its not a big deal but I get really paranoid easily. I don't like being told things like "oh you spelled something wrong" or "you mean nothing to this site", no I don't freak out about it and keep it as a grudge, but I seriously don't understand why it feels like I get all the hate.
    And than we get to an even more odd part, my personality consists of sarcasm, I think its odd that I have a personality of sarcasm and yet when someone else is being sarcastic, I just....don't get it and my mind starts to get worried or I start getting angry for no reason.
    Is there anyway I can change this? Is there anyway I can know "oh don't take it seriously" because honestly I don't know if there is, I think I just get too emotional.

2. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

I used to have the same problem, believe me. People be sarcastic, I get angry, even though I was very sarcastic. But eventually, I learned when to recognize sarcasm and most other times, simply ignore it like it didnt happen. I guess you could say I grew out of the trait. Not sure it'll apply for you.

So youre saying you take sarcastic comments from friends seriously? If they were your friends, you'd know they wouldnt do bad things like that, right? Think of that. They're friends for a reason, one of the reasons is that they wouldnt intentionally hurt you.

Sorry if this was absolute poop for you, but I'm just trying to help out.

3. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

I know, thank you anyway, I'm trying to get use to my friends saying it :-)