Disney sequels

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Daxa~, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Daxa~ #stalker

I was just wondering what everyone thought of all the sequels to the Disney classics(eg.Aladdin or the Lion King)

I really dont think that any of them are anywhere near as good as the original movies.....

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

They can't compare to the originals really, not even close. Although, saying this I'm discluding Lion King 2 mainly for the reason that I watched this countless times as a child so it reminds me of childhood, I still think it's amazing. It still isn't as good as the original but I can't help loving it. As for sequels like the Mulan sequel and Aladdin sequels, they are good as just films but really there is no way they can beat the originals. The Disney classics are just amazing, the sequels sometimes just take it too far and it feels like they're just milking it. For example, the Aladdin sequel, I watched it the other day and I couldn't help but notice how badly it was drawn compared to the original, it had so much less shading to start with. Watching it seemed like I was looknig at a badly made copy of the first one. Saying that, I still like the film, but it doesn't compare to Aladdin, plus Robbin Williams doesn't voice the Genie.

3. Daxa~ #stalker

I never watched the sequel of Aladdin,but if hes not the genie.....then Im not going to watch it.
    He kinda bought the movie to life...

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

He really did, I agree. It's like how in KH someone else voices him, it's sad and it's really not the same likely genie, it just feels more awkward without Robbie Williams, but it could be worse. The film is still good just can't compare at all.

5. orlando. Traverse Town Homebody

Sequels are never as good as the originals especially with Disney movies. The only Disney sequel thats almost passable is probably Mulan 2... Aladdin and Lion King sequels weren't very good though...

6. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Robin Williams does come back in the third Aladdin movie i think.

But of course they are not as good, they are all low budget and are meant for profit.

Excuse me what. They basically made Mulan that was a story about how a woman became a warrior and saved China and turned her into some matchmaker. In my opinion it was the worst one.

The only disney sequel I liked was The Rescuers Down Under

7. orlando. Traverse Town Homebody

They made a Rescuers sequel?!? I never saw it... I loved the first one though....

8. Destined Working for WDW

In my mind the only "Disney" Sequel to be better than the original would be Toy Story 2 and 3 but since they are pixar they technically don't count. Also Robin Williams reprised his role as Genie in the third Aladdin movie.

9. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Personally i love the Aladdin Trilogy, maybe the third film is a bit awkward but i love those films.

Worst Disney sequels to classics? Many. Bambi 2 which i still don't understand why it was even made, there's no reason for this film to exist..., Mulan 2 is only for a few laughs, The Little Mermaid sequels of which the number is slipping through my mind at the moment and let's not forget the Cinderella, Beauty & the Beast as well as the Pocahontas sequels. Ok, Pocahontas 2 is decent and has some historical background although she should be dead at the end of the film...

10. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

I loved the Rescuers Down Under. I liked the Aladdin sequels. Other then those no...just no.

11. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Well, in some cases a few Disney sequels aren't as good as the original Disney films, but other were close yet they couldn't actually pull it's story together to make it woth watching. Now for instance, the 3 Little Mermaid film was pretty much relevant of course Ariel and Flounder's first incounter was different then in the tv series, then we had the Aladdin sequels. Now, in my opinion, the third one was better than the second one because it actually held the relationship between Aladdin and his father very deeply. Now the Rescuers Down Under, that was family film classic. Then we had Mulan II, eh.... The Lion King 1-1/2, that was much better. Same for An Extremely Goofy Movie and Return to Neverland.

12. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

I think I had another epiphany about the Disney sequels. I think it's because of the writers' projective of how they attempted to make them as close to the original, but not so good. Among those that were good attempts were like I said earlier, Aladdin & The King of Thieves, The Lion King 1-1/2, Return to Neverland, The Jungle Book 2, An Extremely Goofy Movie, and possibly Cinderella III.