Disney Movies WITHOUT Princesses! ^.^

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by FallenHero15, Dec 30, 2011.

1. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

It seems like a lot of the Disney movies without the Disney princesses in them tend to get forgotten over time. Or, maybe just brushed to the side in favor of Prince Charming and Cinderella or whatever. So, I'd like to discuss some of the other Disney movies.

My favorite non-princess Disney film would probably have to be either Pinnochio or Oliver and Company. :3 Disney sure knows how to make precious childhood memories.

2. Krowley Moderator

Well most Disney princess appeared in the Disney Renaissance era (1989-1999)
    These are the some of the most well known and successful films by Disney.

I enjoyed The Sword in the Stone, Hercules, Black Cauldron, (A Disney film with no songs :O)
    The Emperor's New Groove, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame

3. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah. I mean, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the princess movies too, being the die-hard Disney fan I am. I loved Hunchback, it's one of my favorites! :D And Emperor's New Groove was simply hilarious!

4. StardustXtreme Chaser

No Princesses? Well, Lemme see, my Walt Disney childhood was completely taken over over by Herbie, the Love Bug, a sentient Volkswagen 63' Beetle with a mind of it's own and a love for racing with some comedy thrown in, when i was a child, I'd always buy toy beetles modeled after him in any colour as i like my first car to eb Volkswagon beetle, yeah laugh at me but it's a childhood dream.

Other than that, There was Wizard of Oz (not Return to Oz), Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, sure they were musicals but no princesses.

5. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

You're kidding? Lion King. How has the been pushed to the side? It was voted number 1 as the most favorited animated movie ever made last year.

6. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Beat me to it..Nala does not count as a Disney Princess, The Lion King was the best~
    Also there are plenty of Disney films without Princesses that are not overshadowed in the least. If you want to talk about Disney movies that don't get enough press try The Great Mouse Detective, Black Cauldron(although I'll admit it scared me at first), The Rescuers 1/2, etc.

7. StardustXtreme Chaser

Just as well nala wasn't a princess, imagine Maleficent trying to kidnap her and she being frozen asleep in those things?

8. February Destiny Islands Resident

Hunchback of Notre dame. It's starting to gain some attention so guess it's not all so bad. ^^';

9. chibiwings Traverse Town Homebody

Yes, Lion King and Hunchback. I LOVED those movies growing up. I also loved, loved, loved Oliver and Company. I still love these movies and wish I had all of the DVDs (I have Lion King). I also love The Rescuers. OH and Pete's Dragon was cool too! It was a mixture of animation and live-action. :) Oh and The Great Mouse Detective! OMG AND Treasure Planet. I could go on and on....

Oh and if Megara doesn't count as a Disney Princess, then I'll add Hercules to the list. I don't know if she is one or not.

10. Daydreamer

What exactly is a "princess"? I'm sure Belle of "Beauty and the Beast" and Alice from "Alice in Wonderland" are not princesses, at least not royal ones, yet they're Princesses of Heart.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" is a Disney movie without a princess, if you don't count Jack Sparrow.

11. chibiwings Traverse Town Homebody

Basically Disney decides what characters get called a Disney Princess. Like a few months ago, Rapunzel finally got the "title" of Disney Princess. I think they were thinking of leaving her out at first. I didn't know Disney did this at all until I heard it about Rapunzel. Disney even officially announced this on Facebook.
    So yeah that's what I'm going by as who is considered a Disney Princess.

Edit: An example of a character who didn't get picked as a Disney Princess is Gizelle from Enchanted. They couldn't classify her as one because it's in the likeness of the actress Amy Adams. Otherwise, they would have to pay her royalties just to use her image and likeness.

12. Daydreamer

Ah, would have never guessed there was an actual list.

Shame, reminds me of the legal/money troubles involving "Kingdom Hearts" and "Tarzan."

13. chibiwings Traverse Town Homebody

Whoa what happened there? I never heard of this. o.o

14. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh, Great Mouse Detective was amazing! ^_^ It's been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember. :)

15. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

I don't know all there is to know about it, but I heard that Square Enix had conflicts with the family of Edgar Rice Burroughs regarding the usage of Tarzan within other KH games after the initial installment. In case you don't know, Burroughs is the original author of the Tarzan literary work. Due to such conflicts, Square has not been able to use the Deep Jungle world since the first game. Pretty sure this is the cause, put simply. There is likely more to it. ​

16. Amayashiro Merlin's Housekeeper

My personal favorite of the non-princess movies are Lilo and Stitch and The Emperor's New Groove. If you are counting Pixar, I also really enjoyed Up, Wall-E, and obviously the Toy Story trilogy. Lilo and Stitch is not among the popular classic disney films but I still think it's one of the greatest, I have a lot of feelings for that movie because I relate a lot to Lilo. If you don't think Mulan is princess ( I think she is an honorary princess), Mulan is one of my all time favorites as well

17. i like movies type person Merlin's Housekeeper

18. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Well, for me?! Certain Disney films are perfect with or without fairy tale Princesses.

19. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

The Emperor's New Groove and Hunchback were the best.

Why? Because Kuzco was awesome and funny and nothing, NOTHING can match Hellfire!

20. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

I gotta say I really do love mostly all the Disney films but the one's without the Princess are lovely yo me due to the mere face that it's not so predictable.

My favorites would definitely have to be The Hunchback of Notre Dame (basically my favorite Disney film, beautiful), Oliver & Company (cat <3), Hercules (so much fun to watch), Tarzan, and The Aristocats (more cats <3)

Many more I love but I thought these were the ones that ranked above the rest. :3