Did we do the right thing?

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Styx, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Styx That's me inside your head.

Okay, here's the story.
    Last night me and a friend went to a party where other friends and relatives were working (we went to support them: if more people came, the better they got paid). We found a circle of friends to spend our time with.
    One of the girls (15 years old), however, seemed to be bothered continuously by a guy in his early twenties. He wrapped his arm around her and stuff like that and you could tell she didn't like it as she was always very quick to get closer to us and away from him.
    Anwyay, we didn't let it kill the mood and paid little attention to it at that time.

A few hours later we went outside to get some fresh air and we noticed the girl and the guy sneaking off. The girl could barely stand so we figured she had to be quite hammered. My friend said that "it's none of our business" but I didn't trust it so we snuck up behind them and followed them.
    The dude found a quite spot and started kissing her, groping her and rubbing her crotch. Again, she didn't seem to enjoy as I saw her pushing his hand away and turning her head away.
    I shouted him to stop and he startled. We came running to him and he put up a threatening pose but before he could do as much as lift a finger my friend punched him in the face.
    I dragged the girl away from the scene and tried to figure out her age and where she lives (we had nothing in common except for a mutual friend). She appeared to be drugged up (I'm guessing the guy put something in her drink, she didn't seem the type to do drugs of her own accord).
    Said perv was already quite groggy after one or two punches but my friend dealt some more blows. She (yeah, I hang out with violent females) asked me if she should stop to which I answered:
    "Remember he's most likely a rapist, not to mention a paedophile." Which was true, I guess. Everything seemed to point out that he was going to rape her and she was underage.
    Anway, my friend agreed and went kinda crazy on him: kicking his ribs several times, pounding his stomach, twisting his foot and punching him wherever she hadn't punched yet.

We left the dude lying completely dazed and stunned, comforted the girl and brought her home. We texted our mutual friend that she wouldn't be coming back and that we'd explain everything the next day.
    We also explained the situation to her parents, including how none of this was her fault and including how we left the man who had done that to her. We did use fake names. It was hard to tell what they thought of it.

So did we do the right thing here?

FAQ (making it beforehand 'cause you're going to ask this anyway)
    Why didn't you call the police?
    1. We didn't have the time.
    2. We'd give our position away and he'd run for it.
    3. It was still relatively close to the party so they'd probably barge in there too which isn't what we wanted (remember that we know the people responsible for the party).
    How was the party?
    Great, thank you.

2. roxasrikusora King's Apprentice

Realm of darkness or Anti-Forms orb dont know
    Well i think you did the right thing because while the police come they already left

3. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Yes, yes, and more yesses. By getting the girl away from the man, you made the best possible choice anyone could make in that situation. I would've gotten the girl to the hospital immediately after that. I myself, do not support violence in any way, but what you did was for the best. You had no idea what he could've done to you too. If anything, you were a hero.

4. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Styx your a good bit braver than alot of other people.I think that i feel proud to know you and to know of what you did and thats not an exageration.I think that was one of the best things to do, by the time the police got there it could've escellated big time.Thats one of the nobalest things i've heard.You don't actually know how many people would give into the temptation of having a drugged up girl in there hands and being able to do anything(its a disturbing truth).
    Fair play to you.You should wear that pride like a medal because in my opinion you deserve one.

5. Destined Working for WDW

I would have done exactly the same thing, cept I would have let the parents know right off the bat or stayed with the person until she was fully ok. Their is a slight problem with your friend going apeshit on him. Does he know her, did he try and defend himself, because if not, he could file a police report and charge her with assault.

6. Azure Flame Banned

You did the right thing. I wouldn't have beaten him up as much, but I would have tied him up somewhere away from the party and call the cops and have them pick him up.

He might not though, because then if they go to court she'll tell them why she did it and he'd go to jail for attempted child molestation.

7. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

You did the right thing as far as getting the girl away from him.

Beating the ever living fuck out of the guy was unnecessary. Btw, it'd be considered date rape in this situation.

8. Maka Albarn It's called love

I say you made the right choice and acted very quickly and in the right way in a short amount of time. You and your friends were very brave and of course, very smart. Good job thinking on the spur of the moment. And telling her parents and your folks what happened was also a good thing to do too.

9. Destined Working for WDW

That's a whole nother can of worms. But in any event, if the one impacted does or doesn't press charges (are their attempted molestation charges?) Styx did the right thing.

10. Styx That's me inside your head.

Good point, but we didn't see an immediate need for that. She was able to answer my questions and even give us directions to her house.
    We'd thought it'd be more assuring to her by getting her to familiar adults as soon as possible. I heard her parents went to a doctor with her today though.

We didn't really came up with calling her parents first. But in my defense I don't think it would have mattered much.
    We stayed with her at her parents' house until we had explained everything. She was asleep by then so we assumed there wouldn't be too many problems after that (and with her parents by her side now, I don't think we could have done anything useful anymore). I made some phone calls this afternoon and found out that she's okay. Her memory of the incident (and the latter half of the party) is clouded of course but that's it, fortunately.

Nope. They had never seen eachother before.

He struggled a little bit but he didn't get the chance to do anything. So no, I guess not.

Indeed. Besides, he doesn't know us and I don't think he can give a detailed description of us either nor did he ever see the license plate of the car.

I know. That's what's been bothering me.

I don't think so. They aren't romantically involved. In fact I wouldn't be suprised if they met for the first time that night. Our mutual friend (of us and the girl) didn't seem to know him anyway.

No, they're not going to charge him. I think her parents are going to leave it at that. We don't have much information on him anyway. In the best case he has learned his lesson.

11. Dandersnuff Twilight Town Denizen

You saved that girl from a horrible experience ^_^
    I'm really glad you did what you did, so, yeah, I have to say you totally did the right thing : )

12. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

WAY TO GO!!! You did the absolutely right thing, and saved the girl totally, while keeping the people responsible for the party out of trouble. I wouldn't worry about the guy, he totally got what he deserved, doing all that to that girl. Hopefully he had fun explaining his injuries at work or wherever.

13. xJoshuax Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah, definitely have to say you and your friend did the right thing--I'm glad you guys didn't just let things happen and I'm sure the girl was grateful with what you did. :)

14. Jasper Cullen Hollow Bastion Committee

yeah you did the right thing
    You beat up the villain and saved the girl. You did the right thing in my book.

15. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

Like the others said, you and your friend did the right thing by getting her away from him and telling her parents.
    I hope he did learn his lesson and not try to do it again to another girl and put her in turmoil.

But if it was me, I seriously would've went frickin crazy.

I dunno, he would probably feel humiliated by getting his butt kicked by a girl =/

16. Chevalier Crystal Princess

We know the beating was a bit unecessary, but in the end it was the right thing. Besides, he probably won't press charges seeing as if he does, he will go to jail when they discover exactly how he got so bruiced.

Yeah, most normal girls can kick ass...believe it or not .

Girls are hard hitters.

17. axel_respect Destiny Islands Resident

i think what you did was amsome, styx you should be proud of what you did. dont be feeling guilty about the beating that man recived. I think he more then deserved one

18. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

That was a very good thing what you did, but the extra beating was unesscary...kinda. But you should be careful next time because if this ever happens again, they could be armed and then it gets totally worst.

19. Thehacker Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes you did the right thing of course, everyone would've done that...Well the brave ones that is.

20. Styx That's me inside your head.

I heard just now that the girl's going out again this weekend, only this time she's going to bring some more friends and be extra careful. I for one find it good to hear that this experience didn't scar her much.

Thanks for the support by the way! It's very much appreciated.