Novel Did anyone read My Sisters Keeper?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by i <3 poptarts, Jun 24, 2009.

1. i <3 poptarts Destiny Islands Resident

I just bough the book and I want to know what you guys think of it (if you've read it...)

2. Cleopatra King's Apprentice

Yeah I've read it. I really liked the book. And if you have a sister I think you'll cry many, many times. Its an emotional book about a girl who is born to save her older sister who has cancer. She wants rights to her own body because she thinks the only reason she was born was to save the life of her sister. She goes to one of the best lawyers and asks for his help. They go to court and blahblahblah. The ending isn't what I expected. It's a lot sadder actually. I'm almost 100% sure you'll enjoy it & Happy Reading!~

3. Shuhbooty moon child

I just bought this book last night. xD
    I've yet to read it, but I will by the end of the week.xDD

4. Kites Chaser

Me too!

It looked really good and I want to read it before I see the movie.

5. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I own it but I haven't got around to reading it yet.

I want to read it before I see the film though. I've heard it is really good.

6. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Sort of like me and Marly and Me.

I own it,but never got around to reading it.
    ;_;

I want to read My Sister's Keeper.
    It seems good,although sad.
    I might just go get it now. ^^

7. i <3 poptarts Destiny Islands Resident

I'm seeing the movie today.
    I'm reading the book after.

8. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

I read the book, It was such a great book that I shead some tears at the end. I recommend reading it first though, the movie has a different ending then the book.

9. ButcherKnifeBetty Merlin's Housekeeper

I read the book way back on the recommendation of a friend, i was balling tears like there was no tomorrow :'(
    i really enjoyed it though. i just recently saw the movie n Rayku is right the ending is different which isnt bad, @least not in my opinion.

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

I read the book after I had watched the movie and enjoyed it even after I had seen the movie first. Some of the topics they touched upon the the book were amazing to read and I enjoyed reading about her brother Jesse when he popped up for chapters in the book because hearing his voice for certain events was totally different compared to the others views.

I would definitely recommend the book to anyone, but I warn that it does get really sad at points.

11. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

I read it when I was ten years old, awful long time ago. My parents allowed me to pick any book at the airport, because we had a long plane ride ahead of us.

The ending took me by surprise as well. I have heard that the film is not a faithful adaption...? But I haven't seen the film, and like I said -- it's been awhile since I've read the book, and I would probably better appreciate it a second time through. I do not trust that I remember it very well. Book was sad. Worth your time, I think.