Dream Drop Distance Details regarding critical difficulty?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Gelatinous Ghost, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

I am planning to carry my spirits over to a new game and play in critical difficulty.

However, I cannot seem to locate via google what handicaps are present that separate critical from proud difficulty. I want to know my limitations before I begin.

Does anyone know? Thanks. ​

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I can't guarantee they kept the trend in dream drop distance but usually the basic break down has to do with damage output.

Beginner Standard and proud all have the same damage received from enemies while critical doubles it.

Beginner increases damage delt (I forget if this was full double or just 50%). Standard is normal. Proud and critical halve damage out.

Aside from that there is a bunch of smaller balancing tweaks that are hard to follow.
    Critical usually comes with some benefit for those attempting a level 1 run, but I've yet to check if they removed that in favor of the Spirits carrying over.

3. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

So all that is really affected is how much damage I do to foes? I just finished proud mode in my initial run through the game. Will I notice a significant difference in critical? And thanks for the reply. ​

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Damage delt should be the same from proud. Damage received should be doubled. And that is a pretty noticeable change for most people. To really get in the spirit of critical mode though you should use exp 0. Not necessarily to lock you at level 1, but to keep yourself reasonably underleveled.

5. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Alright. Sounds like a good challenge. Lastly, does critical mode affect any other aspects of the game aside from battle difficulty? Such as making minigames more challenging or making it harder to gain link points, harder dives, etc? ​

6. Shift Chaser

Nope, you just take more damage, Dives not included(also, bosses seem more agressive, but I have no clue if they're just supossed to be like that or not since they didn't really last in proud due to overlevel).

Also, there are no extra benefits for a level 1 run.

7. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

I will keep that in mind. Thanks. :) ​