Deathspank's Video Portal Guide

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Deathspank, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathspank Banned

Deathspank's Video Portal Guide

When you enter our portal, the first thing you will see is the main page, which looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Using this guide, we are going to show you how to properly use our portal in case you are a bit lost.

-------------------

Uploading Videos/Images

The first thing you'll notice when you see our upload page is that it is very similar to other sites that allow you to upload content. However, aside from choosing to upload the video from your computer, you can also choose to upload a video that's already been uploaded to another video site, such as YouTube, by selecting "another web site":
    [​IMG]

Once that option has been selected, a new upload field will show up that looks like this:
    [​IMG]

We're going to be using YouTube as an example, to show you what to input in the "Paste embedded player:" area. You want to find your video, then copy and paste the "Embed" field, shown circled below, into the "Paste embedded player" field on the upload page:
    [​IMG]

Using this option is much more efficient if you already have your video uploaded somewhere, because not only does it take up less space, but it only takes a few seconds to upload.

-Other video options:
    "Thumbnail URL" is used to display a thumbnail photo for your video, "Provide description" is used for the title of the video, and "Add tags" are keywords that you can add for people to be able to search for your video. You can also choose to allow or disable people from being able to post comments or rate your video.

-------------------

User Interface

By default, when you register with our video portal(keep in mind; the account on the main page of KH-Vids and the account on the portal are two different accounts; so, if your registered on our forum, you're still going to have to register on the portal to post videos), you are assigned a randomized number for your screen name, rather than a personalized one. To change your username, go into "My Profile" and select "edit profile":
    [​IMG]

From there, you are brought into a profile edit interface, where you can edit many things on your profile, including your username:
    [​IMG]

In "My Profile", you can also add friends, edit your videos and monitor your comments.

If there are any more questions regarding problems with the video portal, please feel free to private message me on the forum.

-Deathspank, Site Owner

2. Sara Tea Drinker

Moved to Forum Help Section.

-MOVED-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.