Death Note (2015 TV Series)

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Scarred Nobody, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

The show will begin July 5th, and be available for legal streaming on Crunchyroll.

I find the recent amount of Death Note related stuff pretty interested. There's the musical going on in Japan and Korea, and they're still a tiny bit of hope for an American film adaptation. This new TV series is no exception either.

They're really trying to promote it being a "new story", especially with the addition of Near so early on in the series (it seems). I feel that there are going to be parallels between this and the anime for the first three episodes, simply to establish the rules of this world, and then try to go off on their own. I'm pretty interested to see what they can come up with.

2. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

Sounds Interesting. Both the anime and manga were good with interesting plot. I am quite curious to see how the TV series will turn out. Also since Near is getting introduced earlier I guess that we might get to find out a bit more about his character.

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

New commercial released, focusing on L vs Kira

Translation (via ANN)

Voice & Text: People whose names are written in this notebbok shall die.
    News: The criminal suddenly fell dead.
    Text: Light Yagami is…
    Text: "Kira" (Killer) is…
    Text: Savior
    Text: Or
    Text: Homicidal maniac
    Text: Justice and evil intersect
    Text: True justice standing before him
    Text: Who is justice?
    Text: Simultaneous streaming set in over 120 territories worldwide!!
    Text: New Sunday Drama
    Text: Death Note
    Text: Starts July 5 at 10:00 p.m.
    Voice: Death Note starts on July 5

Still not a fan about L wearing a button down shirt, but it's really just a nitpick in the grand scheme of things I guess.