Death note 10TH anniversary project in the works

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Jin, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Jin うごかないで

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I am incredibly excited for this. I think the original Death note concept is brilliant and raises a lot of amazing philosophical ideas. One comment on that said they could finish off Misa's story as her end was only ever implied and never really shown. I do hope they don't bring Light back, he is a brilliant psychopath but that story is over, I would like to see a new person take up the role.

It might be quite interesting to have the return of Kira and more clever ways of investigating but I also don't know what more they can do with that sort of story. I feel like there is loads you could do with this concept but, at the same time, you can't do much at all that hasn't already been covered in the manga/anime. I suppose only time will tell.

3. Jin うごかないで

Yeah it would be like if they brought lelouch back to Code geass their tales are over.

Personally I think it might be about the BB Case (beyond birthday novel) I wouldn't count that out but I have been waiting for something to happen with death note. of course we'll find out on monday cause that's when everything will get unveiled to us.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I really enjoyed that novel, not only was the book really pretty but I enjoyed the storyline. I can't remember it that well though but it would be nice to see that animated even if it has nothing to do with the actual Death Note.

5. Jin うごかないで

Yeah I'd go just to see beyond fully animated and everything. I just hope it isn't something small like a musical or anything the best chance it might is just a Remake or a movie series that covers the first half and the 2nd half of death note who knows.

6. Shuhbooty moon child

Wow I can't believe its been ten years. I felt old now lawl. But I'm excited. Like I was fo r the live action films LOL

Im not to sure what to expect. I really do agree with Ienzo, I hope they bring back a new Kira with more complex investigations and badassery. But I don't want Misa as the new Kira, but I would like her story complete as well.

7. Jin うごかないで

8. Antidote Façade

I'm really excited for this. I have a feeling it will be a new manga. I think it would be cool if it was in the same timeline as the original- like, directly after it or something where someone else gets the Death Note and with cameo characters from the series. I would actually like to see more of Nate. It would be cool with him as one of the main protags.

9. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Am I the only one who remembers the unnamed Shinigami in an OVA and the girl at the end of the manga?

What if said Shinigami, who paid off Ryuk to tell him Light's story (Ryuk also told him to find an interesting kid and have a wild ride) gives the girl a death note and she becomes Kira?

That's what I'd love for it, personally

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I'm very excited about this, I love Death Note and I hope they do super cool! It would be nice if they could continue Misa story, or what HoT said. Secretly, I'm hoping for Death Note: The Musical, but what are the chances of that happening? :P

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Another thing about this: there is a theory that this Shinigami Light's reincarnation. So that would be cool to see.

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

13. Karuta Reborn

That's disappointing. I sort of expected maybe an OVA or short animation. I guess a re-watch is in order to celebrate the anniversary of the first anime I ever watched.

14. Jin うごかないで

Well..that was really dissapointing. I honestly expected atleast a movie or something of the original death note story line in HD or anything really. Oh well.