Film DC's "Suicide Squad"

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Boy Wonder, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I can see most of the cast in their roles, except for Will Smith. That's a strange choice, but hey, I'm all for it if it works. Still not sure of Leto as Joker. I always seem to miss his more recent roles so all I have to go off of is older stuff like Urban Legend. Willing to give him a chance, though.
    Smith as Deadshot, though...what a weird choice.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Tom Hardy has left the cast. Warner Bros. is allegedly been attempting to court Jake Gyllenhal into Hardy's role as Rick Flagg.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

[​IMG]

I hate it.

4. 61 No. B

you and the rest of the internet

this is pretty much the embodiment of my expectations for this film
    questionable aesthetics aside, I expect Leto will give a great performance.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

Which is why this is so disappointing for a first impression. I love Leto as a musician and as an actor. But this just....I could accept most any version of Joker (really never understood the fears of Ledger's version personally) except maybe The Batman (personally)

6. 61 No. B

Well I mean i'm not gonna write the character off as bad because of the way it looks; the tattoos are dumb but characterization could make me either not care or like it. The only thing that really bugs me about this is "Damaged." Nothing else here is so offensively bad that I can't look past it. What has me apprehensive is the not-so-subtle approach. If this is how they present their Joker, what's the movie going to be like?

obviously pulling from Morrison a little (which I've not yet read)

7. Krowley Moderator

As doubtful as I am for the film itself, I'm really hoping he pulls through with the performance.
    A lot of names have shown up that turned some heads, but I feel there may be some key moments where the cast do their characters justice.

This goes back to what I mentioned with the portrayal aspect. The overanimated design and primal look were different to say the least, but I think Richardson did a pretty good job given how beastly they made the incarnation look. They actually had a lot of good voice talent for that series.

Didn't even notice that till just now...
    The way he's presented here kind of makes him seem like a groupie to me. Like a... Joker-Mite or Joker Jr. or something. Some one Joker would manipulate due to his admiration of the clown.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I like it, but I don't at the same time. I like the tattoos, wish they were a little different and maybe more of them. However, as much as I like "Damaged," I wouldn't have put it on his face. And the grill, what the ****. "Let's put a grill on that face"

Part of me thinks it'll be alright; he probably won't be shirtless for the majority of his screentime. Not to mention, Leto before talked about the Joker doing headstands when being confronted by Waller in his cell and that he's very physical so it's definitely a more brutal version of the character.

9. Krowley Moderator

10. Hayabusa Venomous

The only one I like is Harley Quinn, and even that one could be really improved in my opinion. Everyone else looks "whatever," with Croc looking bad.

11. 61 No. B

harley quinn looks terrible
    harley quinn looks/is terrible anywhere outside of Paul Dini's creations

they're all very underwhelming with little immediately discernible differences -- i can see this being one of those movies where general audiences complain about not knowing who they're looking at like in transformers. I don't want to say I'm "dreading" this movie but it's the closest I've ever been.

will smith needs to get rid of that confused expression. i'm not a deadshot expert but confused is not what I think of when I think of the character.

[​IMG]

this is better. but it will probably only be in the film for all of two seconds so will smith can get more face time

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  12. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

The only way to go is go as far as they can from Heath Ledger's Joker, because we will compare them anyway and it will be unfair. So They go all the other way on this one with Leto, Hope he is good.

13. 61 No. B

The other way would be Cesar Romero-style and that's just not gonna happen in this current age. Maybe sometimes in the future we can get back to that.
    this Leto Joker (based on appearance alone) is edgy like Ledger's, but in a totally juvenile way.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

15. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    I still don't believe that's The Joker. I thought he'd look OK in the suit, but he still looks like a My Chemical Romance reject.

16. Roxas-Ventus Destiny Islands Resident

I'm sorry but for those who thinks the new joker design is butt-ugly, you are completely wrong on the Richter scale.
    I personally like the new design, it shows how mentally unstable the joker character is today.
    You people still think the joker is that 1923 crime boss, NOPE.
    If you'd actually read the comics you'd see that he is completely unstable and psycho.
    My argument is correct and there is no denying it.
    Time up, you all lose.
    Insert coin to back up your arguments.
    Oh wait......you can't?
    That's too bad.
    I win.
    You lose.
    Period.

17. 61 No. B

18. Roxas-Ventus Destiny Islands Resident

I've failed to see where you're coming from.
    I'm trying to give a valid reason why.
    And your responding by video.
    ?....
    Now that I've thought a little bit, I see what your doing.
    Your using simple stuff to try to make me feel stupid.
    Trying to play mind games with your tongue I see.
    THAT AINT GONNA FOOL ME,
    NOOOOOPE.

19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The footage showed at Comic Con was apparently very well-received. Harley packs a "lot of bubblegum" and has great one-liners.
    Joker is terrifying and his voice is a higher pitch than Heath Ledger's. I think the line he said was "I'm not going to kill you, just really really hurt you."

EDIT: Leaked trailer with crappy quality, but hey, it is leaked:
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/suicide-squad-comic-con-trailer-leaks-online

20. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm a little more convinced by Joker, but it's more so Leto's acting than the visual design.

The trailer itself is just...I'm not even sure how I feel about it.