Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 6(49) (Jan. 6th - Jan. 12th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

Woo, I'm getting closer to being up to date. Sorry for the delays everyone.

[top5number1]4320b3bc-3622-4e96-8916-9a210007f5d3[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: xDeviXane. | View Video
    Song: Haunted by Evanescence

A really eerie video here, and the flow and timing really suited the mood, everything just worked, I have no real big criticisms with it. Congrats

2. Submitted By: angelsinflight14 | View Video
    Song: The Walk by Imogen Heap

Another good video from angelsinflight14, though I will say this now, don't abuse the glow effect, it was great in your other video, but it does get old after a while, and there were some lip syncing issues, but beyond that great.

3. Submitted By: EvilMeRc8 | View Video
    Song: Until the End by Breaking Benjamin

A great video, with great timing and flow (thought there was some questionable timing at the beginning 5 seconds) but I really enjoyed it, but the reason it didn't get any higher was because I felt there was no real story going on, you connected to the lyrics but no overall story, this is always a hard issue when you use multiple games that don't connect much to each other, but great other than that.

4. Submitted By: gurpreetx | View Video
    Song: Far Awayby Nickelback

A good emotional video, good flow and generally enjoyable, but nothing original. But it still doesn't stop the fact you did a good job.

5. Submitted By: starshapedfruit | View Video
    Song: When I'm Gone by Simple Plan

A good video, can't complain about the timing and flow, but my only problem was you choice of clips for the most part it was good, but during the more upbeat parts you lacked scenes that could match it, you had some action scenes from Deep Dive but beyond that some of your scene selection was uneventful. But great job beyond that.

Now for the Special Mentions:

Submitted By: khfreak87 | View Video
    Song: Papercut by Linkin Park

I'm not sure how this got approved into the User Portal (looks at CTR) but it's too late for that now, so it gets a special mention, simply because it's khfreak not doing kingdom hearts, that in itself deserves a round of applause. =P But the video was well made, debatable song choice but it worked. Good choice.

Submitted By: Babbitrules | View Video
    Song: The Dark Knight Trailer

Almost made it into the top 5, if it wasn't for some syncing issues which is vital for this sort of video. But it deserves a mention.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next time!

2. sadde211 Merlin's Housekeeper

Awesome choices. I didn't particularly like number 1. Don't get me wrong, great song choice and great effects but it just seems a little weird to me somehow. But hey, I'm not the one who makes the choices. And Darkandroid, Imogen Heap is the band not the name of the song. It's mixed up.

3. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Ah thanks.

*edits*

4. PhazonJunkie Merlin's Housekeeper

:O darn, i was about to post my "The Walk" AMV on here but seeing as someone already made the top 5 with it, I guess I should wait..... very well done though gratz :D
    well, here is the link to my video if you want to see it anyways
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO0ftve0fdQ

5. angelsinflight14 Merlin's Housekeeper

LYK WOA, I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING. : D But I am happy. xD I know I probably abused the glow effect; my friend that I made it for just commented in an e-mail about how much she liked it in my other one, so I felt like repeating it for this present for her.

:3 Congrats to all the other winners!

6. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Jeez, these are good. I gotta learn how to make one soon!

7. DiveIntoTheHeart Traverse Town Homebody

Congrats to all the winners!!! ^_^
    Maybe someday I'll make it into the Top 5!!! >_>
    Again. Congrats. ^^

8. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident

OMG #1 was so neat!!! and the song in #2 i love much ^^ great choices for the 5 they were all great to watch. congrats everyone =D

9. kpfjrx7 Destiny Islands Resident

10. roxygal123 Destiny Islands Resident

11. Darkandroid Gets it Together

If used properly Vegas is superior to WMM for obvious reasons, but I don't rule at WMM at all. One week I did a WMM video was number 1. I know videos were a WMM one is better than some vegas ones.

12. xDeviXane Moogle Assistant

O__O Wow-- I placed FIRST!? Wow. XD. [[Although there were many visible mistakes]] And congratz to everyone who placed! :3 Everyone's videos were... funky and unique XD [Which means they were awesome XD]

13. babbitrules Moogle Assistant

thats cool. i FINALLY made it to be ranked! Thank you!. also...my name is Babbitrules, not Baddit, not to sound like im giving you attitude, but for future reference if i get ranked again. And also....i know i messed up a little...but at least i tried. Well, thanks again.

14. Darkandroid Gets it Together

My apologies. I've fixed it.

15. Voldie_Autumn Moogle Assistant

>.> i'll probably never make it....seems like the videos that do are all overloaded with effects....XD

16. kpfjrx7 Destiny Islands Resident

That's mostly now amvs go.More into effects than transitions or using the right clips. I have my own style,everyone have their own way to make amvs,but mostly it's by effect that takes the cake. I don't really care about effects but I care more about rhythm,beat,and lyric.

17. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

:) oo.. interesting top 5... #1 was awesome.. =]

18. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Good to see someone else who feels that way. Effects are important, but it shouldn't be your main objective.

19. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

number one had nice use of effects

20. Xendran Banned

the first one had some sweet effects in it.